Does anyone else here watch anime on Cartoon Network's Toonami? I thought a thread on Toonami would be fun.

Right now, I am watching two new series.

The first is Ninja Kamui. I've only seen two episodes so far, and I don't really like it up to now. It's the standard they-killed-my-family-so-now-I-am-out-for-revenge story. There is a lot of bloodletting, and I get the impression the writers were more into bloodletting than a plot. But I have learned long ago never to give up on an anime until you have seen at least 5 or 6 episodes. I have seen great anime series which start of slow.

The second series I like better. It's Lycoris Recoil. A lycoris is an orphaned, teenaged girl who has been trained to be a top assassin. It sort of sounds like Gunslinger Girl, but the girls are older, and the series is not as dark. Oh, Lycoris Recoil does have its dark moments, but it also has lighter, more comic ones. The scene where some anonymous lycoris gets run down by a car and then riddled with bullets is one of the darker scenes.

The two main characters are Chisato, a happy-go-lucky lycoris who refuses to kill, but still manages to accomplish her missions, and Takina, whose personality is the exact opposite of Chisato, and who reminds me of Homura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I've seen five episodes of Lycoris Recoil, and I like it so far. There is a plot about gun smuggling, which I have a feeling will soon explode.