AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riko's Adventure, At what price ???

Junior Member Loveinsanity is on a distinguished road Loveinsanity's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2023 12:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Riko's Adventure, At what price ???

Disclaimer: I have only watched anime not Mangaa!!!!

The Made in Abyss’s ethereal beauty, depiction of grotesque mysterious creatures inhabiting the abyss, and chilling horror characters undergo transfixed me. The plot as of now in anime can be seen as character-driven revolving around the life of the main protagonist Riko and her journey to find her mother in a vast abyss. This abyss is not any ordinary abyss. It is a world with its own rules, embedded with treasure, relics, and curses. To reach within the depths of the abyss one has to cherish both pleasures that are experienced in unraveling strange dark mysteries and also accepting curses that befell on them. Riko succeeds in arriving at the sixth layer of the abyss, becoming a white whistle……but at what price?

Riko is an adventurer with an overtly optimistic mindset. She has an optimistic approach toward people around her, the abyss, and her journey. But as the plot moves further, her optimistic attitude rationalizing the morals of characters like Bondrewd and Wazukyan gets quite questionable. Bondrewd and Wazukyan are the antagonists of this anime, but at the same time, they are extraordinary men. It was up to the audience to judge their human virtues and flaws. When it came to the perception of Reg and Riko towards these characters one could observe that Reg could easily look into their heinous crime whereas Riko chooses to value them as true adventurers who wanted to strive ahead unraveling mysteries of the abyss.

Riko was 12 years old , an age when body and mind are still paving their way toward emotional, physical, and cognitive maturity. Also, in anime, whether the normal mental and physical growth of humans exploring the abyss was affected to what extent is not mentioned. So, I truly wonder whether it was her age where she is unable to reflect upon the price of being a true adventurer or her optimistic attitude towards the abyss made her brush away the realities of these men, or maybe her own set of values prioritizes adventure more than anything else.

What do u guys think??

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Riko's Adventure, At what price ???

I do like Made in Abyss, though I never thought that deep into Riko's character. I find Reg's search for his true identity a bit more interesting. Final judgment on if Riko's journey is worth the price may have to wait until the end of the series. A third season was confirmed back in January.

Anyway, I would not judge Riko as an average 12 year old. This is an anime after all.

Feed your cat!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information