AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From Me to You (2009)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down From Me to You (2009)

I’m sorry. I tried my best to get through this series, but six episodes is all I could stomach. I just can’t watch any more of From Me to You. If I tried to stick with it for all 25 episodes of season one, I don’t think I would have survived.

So we have a high school girl named Sawaku who looks pretty scary. (I do wonder why they don’t consistently draw her that way.) So Sawaku is rumored to cause people bad luck, sense spirits, and other creepy stuff. Obviously she is an outsider who wants friends. A boy named Kazihara is the first to show kindness to her, and they talk about it. Soon two female classmates make friends with Sawaku, and there is more talking. That’s the first three episodes. Then there is a misunderstanding, which they talk about for the next three episodes. What happens next? Who cares? There is just too much talking.

It also does not help that there is not depth to any of the characters. They all seem as one-dimensional as the artwork. So we have boring characters who talk a lot; sometimes to each other and sometimes to themselves, but never interesting.

I recommend avoiding From Me to You.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: From Me to You (2009)

Some say it's one of the best anime.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon+Sommelier View Post
    Some say it's one of the best anime.
    Well, if you like talk and more talk, and then even more talking. I am not one of those who want action and only action. I like a nice slice of life anime, but it must have interesting characters.

Then again, to each his own.

Check out the first six episodes and tell me what you think.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Toujours Pur BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2024 11:42 PM
    Threads

To each his own indeed! From Me to You(Kimi ni Todoke) is one of my top recommended anime. I pretty much enjoyed it. I think this story is more of a girl thing tbh.

I gotta say though

the last few chapters of a manga didn't interest me much. I think the story should've ended when Sawako and Kazehaya ended up together. I think they dragged it up too much.
    Last edited by BuLmA; 09-08-2023 at 01:42 AM.

5. Thanks Digimon_Sommelier thanked for this post
    Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information