I never got into the series Case Closed, though I have seen a few episodes. They were not bad, but I was wondering exactly who the intended audience was. A grown detective is trapped inside a child’s body, but still goes around solving murders. Having the hero as a kid would appeal to children, but the murders?

Anyway, that I watched so little of the show may be one reason why I did not appreciate Case Closed: Zero’s Tea Time. But there is also the fact that nothing interesting happens.

Zero’s Tea Time is a spin-off from Case Closed. The main character is Toru Armuro, who works at a coffee shop, trains as a police officer, and also works as a detective. I have no idea who Zero is.

This is a short series in more ways than one. There are only six episodes, and each episode is so short that after taking out the opening and closing credits, we have less than 10 minutes to tell each story. So no story development. No character development. And not too much mystery.

Fortunately for this short series I did not have to waste too much time watching it. I knocked it off in 45 minutes on two different nights. Now that I am finished with Case Closed: Zero’s Tea Time, I can put it out of my memory.