It would really help to view the series and movies in the proper order. That will resolve part of the confusion. But Tiger & Bunny: The Rising is more closely related to the first series than the rehash movie. And the second season is a continuation of the second movie.

Got it?

So anyway, Kotestu, aka Wild Tiger, and Barnaby are regulated to the “Second League.” They are still heroes, but not as high as a standing as before. New management of their corporate sponsor promotes Barnaby, forcing him to pair with a new, rather self-centered partner while putting Kotestu out to pasture. Kotestu must prove, primarily to himself, that he still has value.

Oh, yes. There are villains with powers our heroes can’t cope with. There is a final fight with a mecha-type machine manned by the brains behind the threat to the city. Eventually it gets down to the real meaning of being a hero.

There are some great action sequences, with the climax especially showing great attention to detail and no effort spared. The story keeps you focused, and the seemingly lost fight keeps you on edge.

It all makes more sense if you view the series and movies in the proper order. I didn’t, but I still enjoyed them all. Stay tuned during the credits for post-credit scenes. Tiger & Bunny: The Rising gets my recommendation.