AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bakuman.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Bakuman.

(Maybe I'll start doing these too, when I watch a new show... though I mainly rewatch old shows...)

Bakuman. Is a very interesting premise about a guy, Mashiro who, as a kid, watched his uncle draw manga for Shonen... Jack. (Interesting copyright note: They mention One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, ect many times, and even see art of those series, but they had to change Shonen Jump to Shonen Jack. I thought that was interesting... anyway...) When Mashiro is in 6th grade, his uncle died, and that put away his own dream of wanting to draw manga.

Until middle school, when a classmate Takagi, sees him drawing and tells him he wants to write manga, and wants Mashiro to draw what he writes. Afterwords, Mashiro confesses to a girl he likes her, and that he's going to draw manga. She says she wants to be a voice actress. And so they make a pledge to only speak occasionally through text, and work hard on their dreams, and only get together when she is the voice actress in their first anime.

Though it might sound like I spoiled a lot, its actually just basically the first episode.

It's 3 seasons for a total of 75 episodes. Very interesting insight on what it's like making manga. I've read about it, and people said nothing in it is 'based on a true story', but, some of the events are loosly based on real things that happened in Shonen Jump.

The 75 eps take place over 10 years, showing the good times and the bad times of their struggles. Do Mashiro's dreams come true? You'll just have to see. Meanwhile they meet many other rivals and friends, and have to overcome a lot of obstacles.

For me, it's interesting because.... I'm a guy who generally rewatches the crap out of shows. With Bakuman., I am VERY glad I watched it, and I really liked it.... but I also don't know that I'll ever rewatch it again, or at least not of a really long time. It doesn't seem like it would be as fun of a ride the second time around. The first time around was great though!

I reccomend it!
    Last edited by Takatofan1986; 06-16-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Bakuman.

There are a lot of series on the making of manga. Well, make that about a dozen. Of the few I have seen, my favorite is Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun.

A high school girl decides to confess her love for an upper-classman. He misunderstands her confession, thinking she has figured out his secret (he's the writer and artist for a manga meant for girls), and that she is telling him how much she admires his work. So the girl starts working for him as an assistant.

I only saw season one, as other seasons do not seem to be available. I am sure the romance gets started -- eventually. I did a write-up on it some time back.

Feed your cat!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information