I'm not going to spend too much time on Gakuen Alice, mainly because I did not finish the series. There's nothing wrong with the series. It's just after 10 episodes I did not want to invest any more time in what is essentially a children's anime.

Gakuen Alice may not have appealed to me, but I am not going to pan it. It's not my taste, but I do highly recommend this series if you have children. One problem: The series is not dubbed, so the kids will at least have to be old enough to read. I would say ages 8-12 would love this anime.

The basic plot involves a girl named Mikan, whose best friend Hotaru disappears. It seems she is being forced to go to a special school. Mikan sets out to find Hotaru, and stumbles into the school, which teaches kids with special powers called "Alice." It turns out Mikan also has an Alice, though she does not know what the power is. Mikan is accepted as a student, makes new friends, and even more new enemies, as she tries to adjust to an environment she does not fit in.

Oh, and of course Mikan is an air head.

So I am writing off Gakuen Alice for myself, but as I said, kids should enjoy it.