AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiger and Bunny 2 (2022)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Tiger and Bunny 2 (2022)

Four years ago, I reviewed the action comedy/adventure Tiger and Bunny: https://www.animeforum.com/showthrea...d-Bunny-(2011). It took a long time before a second season was made, but now we have Tiger and Bunny 2. It seems there was a movie or two in between, which will probably resolve a few inconsistencies I noticed. I’ll have to catch them sometime. But for now, let’s just talk about the belated season 2.

To review, there are people called the Next who are born with super powers. Some become heroes, who compete on live television with corporate sponsorship.

Now, given the success of Flying Tiger’s partnership with Barnaby, it has been decided to have all heroes team up two by two. Most of the series is about the various characters learning teamwork and overcoming their mental and emotional limitations as they develop their relationships. This is especially true of the new rookies on the team.

Meanwhile, someone is going around the country beating up heroes. Oddly, our heroes don’t seem too concerned until they become targeted. That is the one weakness of this second season.

The basic storyline is weak, however I still enjoyed season two. The interaction between characters is well done, and provided the entertainment. The finale is exciting. Tiger and Bunny 2 does not live up to the original series, but I can still recommend it.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Tiger and Bunny 2 (2022)

Just an addendum here. The second half of season two of Tiger and Bunny is now available on Netflix Streaming. It makes up for what the first half lacks. Here the story gets darker as someone is plotting against the superheroes by sullying the name of Nexts everywhere. Nexts who are not strong enough to become superheroes are starting to go mad and engaging in destructive rioting. Meanwhile, Barnaby is dealing with a potential career-ending injury, and the secrets of the vigilante Lunatic are revealed.

It does make for an exciting finish to the Tiger and Bunny legacy, and a satisfying end (?) to the series.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information