AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overlord

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 06:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Overlord

Finally got Overlord. Thankfully I now have a region free DVD player so I can watch it.

Great series. I'm up to season 3 at this point and you had to love that last finale. 70,000 dead in 1 second and summoning of some goat-shuggoth hybrids

Basically the plot is similar to .hack, only when our main character gets stuck in the game it becomes real and that includes the super powers he developed by maxing out his character. Now he's an uber-powerful undead lich on par or above a lot of gods. His NPCs are real and powerful and devoted to him utterly because he was the only player to stick around when the "world" they lived in was being shut down.
    What's he, a former office worker, supposed to do with all that power? Rule the world of course.

That and secretly be an adventurer so that when they try to overthrow you the person they come to for help is... well... you.

Honestly this is a great series and I'm glad I saw it. I like how they show that many of the people killed by Ains have friends and families left behind. Just like in real war you can't not shoot a guy because he has a wife and kid at home or something.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 03-14-2022 at 06:56 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Overlord

^ It sounds like it may have a touch of Sword Art On-Line.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

More D&D and Warcraft really.

basically the rest of the world is all newbs and he and his people have maxed out their levels in EVERYTHING.

Well... almost everything

Also yet another pink haired girl who betrays and then rejoins their side...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 03-14-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2024 08:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by cagrisur View Post
    This is seriously my favorite anime bro! I love it when things get dark! No one puts on a show quite like Ainz Ooal Gown! Now Applaud!
    I like it dark as well.

Jarry Park, Montreal

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't think the Deathnote would work on Ainz...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-15-2022 at 06:03 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There's also a chibi series

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-11-2022 at 06:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information