AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime Which Should Never Had Been Made

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Unhappy Anime Which Should Never Had Been Made

Here I am listing those anime which, in my opinion, should never have been made. I have seen a lot of bad anime worth forgetting. These are so bad, I can’t forget them.

FLCL Alternative and FLCL Progressive. The original FLCL was a classic that cannot be replicated. But they did try. I don’t know why they called these two sequels Alternative and Progressive, but I can tell you they gave FLCL a bad name. In the original, the storylines were secondary to the comedy. For the sequels, we get storylines which just get in the way.

Shaman King. This is an action comedy about 13-year-olds and the ghosts of ancient warriors. Yeah, this is not exactly stimulating intellectually. Now when I say a comedy, it means they try to be funny. Try to watch something else.

Neo-Ranga. So you have these three sisters, the youngest one a grade school student with breasts, who have nothing in common other than they love to dance half-naked through the opening credits. They discover their long lost older brother has been found on an island, where he has gone missing again. So the girls inherit the island kingship, a young nephew, and a god named Ranga who will do their bidding. I thought you are supposed to do your god’s bidding? Well, back to Japan the government wants to build its own Ranga, and. . . . Nothing at all makes sense or is even remotely interesting.

Sister Princess. A kid ends up in an island school with about a dozen girls, all of whom are his sisters. Sounds like fun! It would have been had an effort been made to develop the story. I got bored real fast with every twist and turn being predictable.

Ghost Story. This one is so bad that when the English dub was made, they threw away the original script and had the actors ad lib. It didn’t help. The best jokes are repeated so often that they are no longer funny.

Drifting Dragons. This series glorifies the gory killing of dragons for fun and profit. It made me think of the Japanese whaling industry. Totally tasteless.

Negima!?: Magister Nagi Magi. This is a do-over of an earlier series called Negima, which I understand was pretty good. So why did they have to re-do it? To come up with a comic spoof – which really isn’t comic at all. A civilized society would exile the producers.

You have any anime you wish was never made?

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Anime Which Should Never Had Been Made

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Here I am listing those anime which, in my opinion, should never have been made. I have seen a lot of bad anime worth forgetting. These are so bad, I can’t forget them.

FLCL Alternative and FLCL Progressive. The original FLCL was a classic that cannot be replicated. But they did try. I don’t know why they called these two sequels Alternative and Progressive, but I can tell you they gave FLCL a bad name. In the original, the storylines were secondary to the comedy. For the sequels, we get storylines which just get in the way.

Shaman King. This is an action comedy about 13-year-olds and the ghosts of ancient warriors. Yeah, this is not exactly stimulating intellectually. Now when I say a comedy, it means they try to be funny. Try to watch something else.

Neo-Ranga. So you have these three sisters, the youngest one a grade school student with breasts, who have nothing in common other than they love to dance half-naked through the opening credits. They discover their long lost older brother has been found on an island, where he has gone missing again. So the girls inherit the island kingship, a young nephew, and a god named Ranga who will do their bidding. I thought you are supposed to do your god’s bidding? Well, back to Japan the government wants to build its own Ranga, and. . . . Nothing at all makes sense or is even remotely interesting.

Sister Princess. A kid ends up in an island school with about a dozen girls, all of whom are his sisters. Sounds like fun! It would have been had an effort been made to develop the story. I got bored real fast with every twist and turn being predictable.

Ghost Story. This one is so bad that when the English dub was made, they threw away the original script and had the actors ad lib. It didn’t help. The best jokes are repeated so often that they are no longer funny.

Drifting Dragons. This series glorifies the gory killing of dragons for fun and profit. It made me think of the Japanese whaling industry. Totally tasteless.

Negima!?: Magister Nagi Magi. This is a do-over of an earlier series called Negima, which I understand was pretty good. So why did they have to re-do it? To come up with a comic spoof – which really isn’t comic at all. A civilized society would exile the producers.

You have any anime you wish was never made?

The english Dub of Ghost Story is awesome! It was hilarious from start to finish

Shaman King wasn't bad, especially if you watch the unedited original version. I mean One Piece sucks if you see the 4kids verion with cork guns and lolipops.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 03-03-2022 at 11:54 AM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I did watch Shaman King uncut. And Ghost Story would have been better had they not kept repeating the same jokes.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

This scene from FLCL Alternative has everything FLCL had -- except for interesting supporting characters. These kids would be more at home in one of those hygiene films they showed us in junior high.

The lesson for today: It makes no difference how much action you have. It does not make up for boring characters.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If you enjoy watching kids watch TV, the Shaman King is the anime for you:

Oh, they started talking. Now I wish they would go back to just watching TV.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In the Neo Ranga universe, people don't move much. This animation was certainly done on the cheap. It matches the effort put into the story line.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This trailer for Princess Sister tells you everything about the nature of the show -- which is absolutely nothing.

One guy, 12 sisters, and no plot. Oh, they do make one of the sisters a fake just to give you something else to ignore. Every anime stereotype of a teen, pre-teen, or adolescent girl is used. Not much for characterization. Mom never shows up. After a dozen kids, averaging less than a pregnancy a year, it should be no surprise.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The script for the original Japanese dub of Ghost Story was so bad, that when they did the English dub they threw the script out and told the voice actors to just ad lib.

"Digalee, digalilylee?" OMG! Don't let these actors ever try to do improv!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here is the trailer for season 1 of Drifting Dragons. It is completely, totally, and absolutely misleading:

Looks like a fun adventure, doesn't it? Except the dragons are killed in the most violent and cruel manner -- and the anime glorifies the killing. To me it is a analogy of the Japanese whaling industry. Slaughter those dragons until none are left! Tasteless.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Assemble Insert was.. . just bad.

I feel Dragon Ball Z should never have been made. The original was based on Journey to the West, but Z was mostly a rip off of Superman. I mean honestly by GT even the Eternal Dragon was like "Seriously we're done. I was this close to blowing up your stupid planet twice this year! And you're STILL making the same stupid wish to resurrect the dead? I'm leaving and I'm not bringing any of you back to life ever again."

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    The script for the original Japanese dub of Ghost Story was so bad, that when they did the English dub they threw the script out and told the voice actors to just ad lib.

"Digalee, digalilylee?" OMG! Don't let these actors ever try to do improv!
    Oh come on, they have to make due with the mouth movements they are given and like you said, the original bombed.

Have you ever watched an anime gag reel? Here's a famous voice actor.

Recognize him?
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 03-14-2022 at 06:00 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I liked Dragon Ball Z, although by the time we get to GT and all the other sequels, I got pretty damn tired of it. I guess I feel about the sequels the way you feel about DBZ. The original Dragon Ball was OK.

I never did like those anime gag reals, or bloopers, whichever you want to call them. The attempt at humor always seemed forced.

I didn't recognize the voice. Who is it?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Trunks. Eric Vale. He even said "Oops, slipped into Trunks Voice" or something.

Junior Member erwinwallpaper is on a distinguished road erwinwallpaper's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2022 01:42 AM
    Threads

Ex-Arm.
    I don't mean to be rude, just saying personal opinion.
    I hope this anime is never made. The score on MyAnimeList is too low. Motion Graphics that look stiff. The expression on the face looks flat. Rather than being called an anime, it's better to be called a game. Yes "Game".

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Live Action Dragonball movie

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another anime which should never have been made just came into my mind today. Actually, I saw a trailer for it on another anime's DVD. It's a 1999 series called Colorful.

Colorful is a collection of unfunny comedy shorts showing men trying to sneak a peak at girls' panties. And that's it. Oh, and the annoying theme is played throughout.

It is directed by Ryutaro Nakamura, who also worked on Lain and Ghost Hound, so it is not like he is not capable of doing quality work. I can only assume this series was made during those years living in Mom's basement.

Do not get this series confused with a 2010 movie of the same title. I never saw that Colorful, so I can't attest to it. However, I don't want to cast unfair dispersions on it either.

The original Colorful is so bad that I will not even bother to hunt for a clip to post here.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information