There’s something I learned about anime several years ago. Don’t give up on a series until you watch at least 4-6 episodes. Had it not been for that rule, I would have missed out on Super Crooks. This is an anime set in a world were some people are born with super powers. Yeah, I know we’ve been there before. But this time we get the story from the other side.

The first episode was embarrassingly bad. Teen dweeb Johnny Bolt worships superheroes like a little kid. When he develops the power to generate electricity at will, Johnny decides he will become Electro Boy, a new superhero. Well, the first day out is a disaster, and Johnny decides being a hero is not his thing. That’s episode one.

Episode two picks up several years later with Johnny being released from jail. Now the series gets interesting. Very, very interesting. By this time, Johnny has grown into a cool, suave, well dressed supervillain. He also has this hot blonde girlfriend. His only weakness is the inability to stay out of trouble. Will his brains eventually win out?

One point of interest, and the reason why we root for the supervillains, is that it is the superheroes who are responsible for most of the destruction and human collateral damage. It seems that all the heroes want to do is to bring criminals to justice, and if you happen to be caught in the crossfire, too bad.

Super Crooks is a fun action comedy, though with a bit of blood, profanity, and sexual situations. This is an adult anime. Yes, you heard right. It is an adult anime. It can be seen on Netflix Streaming. It has a good story, with a twist or two at the climax. Check it out.