AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Komi Can't Communicate (2021)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Smile Komi Can't Communicate (2021)

In her first year in high school, Shouko Komi is the most beautiful girl in her class. Put upon a pedestal, the other students flock to her. The problem? She suffers from severe social anxiety to the point where she can’t even talk to people. Yes, you guessed it. Komi Can’t Communicate.

Luckily Komi gets a friend in Hitohito Tadano, the most average boy in class. Befriending Komi, he helps her towards her goal of making 100 friends. The main problem is that Tadano is the only normal person in their class.

With her fear of speaking struggling against her desire to be part of the group, Komi’s actions are open to a wide range of misinterpretations. But this anime is played for laughs, though the humor is not mean spirited. We do sympathize with Komi as she fights her phobias with the help of Tadano and his old friend Najimi, who used to be a guy. (I told you Tadano is the only normal person in the class.)

We get all the usual high school scenarios, such as the study group, summer vacation, culture festival. But they are all done here with a different twist. Slowly, Komi makes progress with each step, though by the end of season one she still has quite a way to go.

And the relationship between Komi and Tadano? You probably can guess to where it is heading, but it does not go anywhere in season one. Wait for season two. Obviously, Komi is developing feelings for Tadano.

Komi Can’t Communicate is a sensitive story. It is fun to watch, but it is rich on pathos. Also, anyone who has ever suffered from social anxiety, or ever felt nervous in a crowd, can identify with this anime.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

2. Thanks Digimon_Sommelier thanked for this post
    Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Komi Can't Communicate (2021)

Read some of the manga. Again, some, so it's still a foreign series to me. In other words, Sommy can't communicate!!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Default Re: Komi Can't Communicate (2021)

The manga is fantastic and the anime does a great job of keeping the vibe. The one downside is that Netflix absolutely butchered the localization by not translating what Komi writes.

My favorite thing tho is that every character is based on a specific trope/character trait, and their name reflects that. For example, Tadano Hitohito = "just a person."

My mood on a daily basis

5. Thanks Digimon_Sommelier thanked for this post
    Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information