AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite U.S. Presidents

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Favorite U.S. Presidents

The President of the United States is the leader of the free world. Citizens look to him (no she's thus far) for hopes of prosperity and peace. In troubling times, the President is either criticized or praised for their reaction to calamity, foreign policy, and how to run the country smoothly. The Democratic Party and the GOP representatives butt heads all the time, but even they have favorite U.S. Presidents. Which ones are yours?

In This Thread: Agree to disagree. You can maturely opine about this topic without insulting/degrading/hurting someone emotionally. Please do not spread conspiracy theories either, because that powder keg exploding will result in bans from AF, which I have no control over. Thank you in advance.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Favorite U.S. Presidents

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2024 04:10 PM
    Threads

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My President of the United States of America will always be William Jefferson Clinton!!
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 01-21-2022 at 07:19 PM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon__Sommelier View Post
    My President of the United States of America will always be William Jefferson Clinton!!
    Putting aside all political and policy issues, Clinton is one of the top administrators to hold the office in the past 50 years. I can say the same for Bush I. All the rest couldn't administer their way out of a paper bag.

One practice of Clinton's which I liked was the way he came up with his budget/economic forecasts. Most Presidents, when given a range, pick the highest number for revenue resulting from his tax proposals, and the lowest number for costs resulting from his proposed programs. Clinton did just the opposite. He picked the low number for tax revenue, and the high number for costs and spending. That way he got the budget under control.

Unfortunately, then came Bush II, Obama, and Trump, and all controls went out the window. No judgement on Biden yet.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

President Clinton indeed balanced the budget, but it's sad how he's seen more as a notorious tabloid celebrity because of his past infidelity, which put a huge blemish on, firstly, his personal life, and his presidency.

Mad Genius AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru has a brilliant future AkanoYoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Rageface Headphones Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2022 08:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DementedStereo Steam ID: Aakanoyoru

Everyone knows President Bleepblorpf of the lizard people has actually been running the US since the second civil war (y'know, the secret one). lol

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

David Rice Atchison, a Senator from Missouri, supposedly served as President for one day, March 4, 1849, because the newly elected President Zachary Taylor refused to be sworn in on a Sunday. Atchison was President Pro Tem of the Senate, and at the time next in line for the Presidency after the Vice President, who was also not sworn in until the following day. Legally, the claim is suspect because the Constitution sets the date that a presidential term begins and ends regardless of when the swearing in ceremony is held. At that time, that date was March 4. Either way, it was apparently a very quiet Sunday. Nothing happened.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 01-23-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

President Clinton indeed balanced the budget, but it's sad how he's seen more as a notorious tabloid celebrity because of his past infidelity, which put a huge blemish on, firstly, his personal life, and his presidency.

Technically George Washington was NOT the first president.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-26-2022 at 08:11 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Clayton_n : Hey, CLAYTON!!!! That Digimon avatar you've got made. my. life!! How sweet!!

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Clayton_n : Hey, CLAYTON!!!! That Digimon avatar you've got made. my. life!! How sweet!!

Yeah, Season 3 was the best...
    I also started a fighting monster thread in the General Anime area.

12. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Season 3 was not the best but seeing your avatar *sigh* put a smile on my face. Times are rough, but we all need something to be grateful for and you doing that, though we don't always agree, made my life. So, thank you, Clayton.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Technically George Washington was NOT the first president.
    Technically, he was the first under our Constitution. The earlier ones were the presiding officers of the Continental Congress and later the legislature under the Articles of Confederation. They were not administrators or what we today would call the "Chief Executive."

15. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is the President even "the President" anymore?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

William Howard Taft

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Let Teddy win!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The first female President:

Kisses for My President (1964) starring Fred MacMurray and Polly Bergen. Times being what they were, the film primarily focuses on MacMurray as First Husband. The film ends with Bergen resigning her office after becoming pregnant.

Hey, the early to mid-60's were a different time.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 02-08-2022 at 09:57 AM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Technically, he was the first under our Constitution. The earlier ones were the presiding officers of the Continental Congress and later the legislature under the Articles of Confederation. They were not administrators or what we today would call the "Chief Executive."
    I prefer fictional presidents. Morgan freeman for example...

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Morgan Freeman was good, but Martin Sheen was great!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I always admired President Merkin Muffley for showing coolness, confidence, and calm during a crises.

Being Peter Sellers in another life helps.

BTW, as a former student of history and political science, I can promise you there is more than a small bit of truth in this scene.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 02-09-2022 at 02:52 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Unless Biden dies fake presidents are still the only female ones.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Best President? Martin Sheen?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

President Andrew Shephard:

Funny how much he looks like Michael Douglas.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My favorite President is myself. I owned my own company and plan to re-open it VERY soon.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would LOVE whichever one of them finally pushed the button.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information