AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Omicron Variant...

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 08:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Omicron Variant...

At this point, the COVID-19 virus has more spin-offs than a successful TV show. Now we have to deal with the omicronny *ahem* omaheim *ahem* omadon *ahem* o-mi-cron variant. This sux.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Omicron Variant...

Thanks to all those thoughtful people who refuse to get vaccinated, wear masks, or social distance, Covid not only spreads, but also mutates.

The good thing about Omicron is it is not as deadly as the other variants. Sort of like cancer in one lung is not as serious as cancer in both. Not that many people have died of Omicron, but people are still dying.

And if anyone tells you no one has died from Omicron, the source of that bit of information is a WHO report from early December. Checking the calendar, it is not early December any more, and people have since died.

Good news. I heard on the radio while driving home this evening that the US may have reached it's peak in the Omicron wave. Hope so. Covid has screwed up so much already.

OK. I'm finished venting.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

3. Dislikes DOOM! disliked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2024 05:34 PM
    Threads

Anyone else get the feeling that at this point it's like they're putting a flintstone's bandaid on a bullet wound? They're basically trying to distract us with all this mask and shot nonsense because there's nothing they can actually do.

According to Colbert the new power couple is the Flu Virus and Corona. Flurona. Ah, you should see them at restaurants...

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well those who are vaccinated, while they may catch the virus, have a much lower chance of being hospitalized and dying. I have a relative who caught Covid after getting his booster. He was sick at home for three days, self-isolated for a few more, and now he is back at work. Of course, when you live in NYC and take the subway to work, it is hard not to get exposed. But the vaccine kept him from being hospitalized or worse.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Well those who are vaccinated, while they may catch the virus, have a much lower chance of being hospitalized and dying. I have a relative who caught Covid after getting his booster. He was sick at home for three days, self-isolated for a few more, and now he is back at work. Of course, when you live in NYC and take the subway to work, it is hard not to get exposed. But the vaccine kept him from being hospitalized or worse.
    Earlier this month I caught (and BEAT) COVID. And this asymptomatic dude-ette was fully vaccinated!! Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I had a family member who caught Covid. He had the booster. He felt like he had a cold for a few days, and then was fine. He travels the New York City subway to work each day, so obviously he has a good chance of being exposed.

But like I said, he had the booster, and that helped protect him. Those who have had the vaccine have gotten ill, but the ones who are not vaccinated are the ones in the hospitals and the ones who are dying. So if all I get from Covid is a cough and a stuffy nose that goes away in 2-3 days, then the vaccine did it's job!

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Everytime I see the name my mind goes straight to Futurama.

But yeah, new strains and variations are pretty common with viruses, the media just doesn't milk the others like they do Covid for whatever reason. The reason you need a flu shot every year is because it changes so often, for example.

Just get your shot and wash your hands and you'll probably be fine.

My mood on a daily basis

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ And wear your mask!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well those who are vaccinated, while they may catch the virus, have a much lower chance of being hospitalized and dying.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Look, this whole vaccine-cure thing... I'm pretty sure we're just screwed and the government's just trying to make it look like they can do something. A lot of the symptoms seem strangely similar to a head cold...

Even if it's true and the vaccine works, honestly this will just happen again. Until we bring the population WAAAAAAY down there's really no stopping this sort of thing.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Vaccines don't cure. They are to help keep you from becoming ill. You can't deny that the people requiring hospitalization and who are filling up the morgues are the unvaccinated. So far, the vaccine has delivered. Unfortunately in the US, over a third of the population has been convinced by certain politicians that they should not or do not need to get the shot. That's why the virus is still not under control.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm pretty sure a lot of them are ALSO vaccinated.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Not many, according to the data gathered by CDC.

🐮🔪 "I'll see it when I believe it" 🐮🔪 ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508 has a reputation beyond repute ZombieWolf2508's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Cookie Cookie Hedgehog
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2023 02:57 PM
    The corner of Everywhere and Nowhere, ya dig?
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TwilightWolf2508 Steam ID: zombiewolf2508

Doesnt surprise me that the user who sexualizes everything and everyone is a conspiracy theorist and anti-vaxxer.

My mood on a daily basis

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Whoa. It's gettin' hot in here. Everyone calm down...

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Not many, according to the data gathered by CDC.
    No, according to information RELEASED by the CDC. There's a difference.

just out of curiosity how effective have they been versus unvaccinated? percentage wise? Got numbers or just assurances that it's working?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 02-17-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ The vaccinated who get sick are very unlikely to be hospitalized, unless there are other factors involved, and unlikely to die. It is the unvaccinated who keep filling up the hospitals and morgues. Just read your morning paper and catch a news broadcast.

Hmmmm. A DBZ episode where an unvaccinated Goku gets Covid?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually Covid is just the government covering up that somebody has a Deathnote.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Has it been defeated?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon__Sommelier View Post
    Has it been defeated?
    A lot of people seem to think so. Of course, no one has asked the virus of it's opinion. I will still take precautions, even if others don't. I will go out and travel, go to movies, etc. But I am keeping my mask.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Viruses are basically immortal.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Viruses are basically immortal.
    But if real life was anime, there would still be a way to kill them.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

At some point someone you know had to have caught a long mutated version of the Spanish flu of the 1920s. Even the H1N1 (aka "Swine Flu') of 2009 is still mutating and floating around.

24. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The mask mandate is gone. We are screwed.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon__Sommelier View Post
    The mask mandate is gone. We are screwed.
    I figure that since over a third of the population in the US have been convinced by several self-serving (and vaccinated) politicians that they not only do not, but should not mask up or get the vaccine, we've been screwed for some time. It's those morons who keep this pandemic coming.

I've gone back to my former life, but I do mask up and am vaccinated. I do my best to play it smart.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh look, now there's a variant of the omicron variant.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information