AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Characters with Glasses

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool Anime Characters with Glasses

Near-sighted, far-sighted, or just looking cool, many anime characters are known for wearing glasses just as much as being known for anything else. It can be part of their personality. So here are my Top 10 Anime Characters with Glasses, in reverse order:

10. Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal. Short, skinny, and wearing glasses, you would not expect Onoda to be athletic. Well, he isn’t. But apparently that does not matter in the sport of bicycle racing. One of three talented first year students to join the team, Onoda is completely new to the sport – and perhaps the most surprising cyclist. Affectionally, also known as Four Eyes.

9. Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood. Father Nightroad is a Catholic priest – and a vampire. More than that, he’s a vampire who feeds off other vampires. That enough should put him higher on the list, but having the series end prematurely kept us from knowing Abel any better.

8. Shintaro Midorima from Kuroko’s Basketball. He was on my list of top 10 green haired characters as well. There’s no rule about using him twice, is there? He’s one of the Generation of Miracles, five legendary middle school players, no seeking to extend his legend to high school. Glasses make him look oh so serious.

7. Alucard from Hellsing. There is nothing wrong with Alucard’s eyesight. Glasses just makes him look cool. And Alucard spelled backwards is. . . .

6. Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Unquestionably the most tragic character on this list. Hughes never fails to look so silly and simple bragging about his little daughter. But it’s all a mask to hide his serious side as a loyal ally to Roy Mustang. Unfortunately, he does not survive the series suffering one of the saddest deaths in anime history.

5. Robin Sena from Witch Hunter Robin. Robin is a 15-year-old witch who was raised in a convent, and now is part of the witch hunting organization STN. She is expected to use her craft against other witches, but her aim is a bit off. The solution? Glasses!

4. Sister Eda from Black Lagoon. What kind of a nun wears rose colored glasses? One you don’t want to mess with! She is a friend, rival, and occasional ally of Revy, and every bit Revy’s equal in kicking a-ss.

3. Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Puella Magi Madoka Magica, or what I like to call Magical Girls on Acid, is not your little sister’s magical girl anime. It is as dark a series as you will find. It spurred three follow-up movies. Well, forget the first two, which are just retelling the story of the series. But the third is an entirely new story taking up where the series ended. The question about Homaru is if she is a protagonist or antagonist. She will eventually shed those glasses, which initially give her a shy, withdrawn look. Kind of like what glasses do for Clark Kent.

2. Sosuke Aizen from Bleach. He also will eventually lose his glasses – after he reveals himself as a villain. A traitor to the Soul Reapers, he even turns on dear Momo!

1. Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara and DurararaX2. It’s not just the glasses, it’s also the waiter outfit he wears. Incredibly strong, Shizuo just looks so cool, whether he is battling Izaya or unintentionally winning the heart of Verona (nothing comes of it), Shizuo can be tough and compassionate, such as in DurararaX2 when he saves 10-year-old Akani, even though she tried to kill him.

Honorable Mention:

Franken Stein from Soul Eater
    Yukio Okumura from Blue Exorcist
    Rin from Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne

That’s my list. Got any to add? And say something about them.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Anime Characters with Glasses

You really shouldn't start a thread unless you can do it without googling stuff.

The entire cast of Hellsing...

Trigun

And so many others. Man I wish you'd been more specific

Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-13-2022 at 05:59 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anybody with glasses! It is general, but that is what I wanted.

And about Google, sometimes I do need to refresh my memory. What is the spelling of a character's name? Or who was that minor character in episode 12 who was so important? Some of these anime I have not seen in years.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Starting at the bottom, I tried to find a good clip from Yowamushi Pedal featuring Sakamichi Onoda. Excluding any spoilers, the best I can find is what appears to be a fan-made trailer taken off Crunchyroll:

But I'm watching the series on Netflix Streaming. I should finish season 2 this week, and will write it up in the review section.

BTW, if you don't know who in the trailer is Onoda, it is this guy:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wanted to post a good video on Trinity Blood's Abel Nightroad. Unfortunately, there isn't much. But considering that the series ended prematurely, that is not surprising. I did not want to post entire episodes, and the only other videos I could find were crappy fan made AMV's and trailers which tell you nothing.

So I will have to settle with just pictures.

Those glasses give him such a kind face. But remove them, and you get:

I guess you can call it The Clark Kent Syndrome.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

He may be a bit nearsighted, but Kuroko's Basketball's Midorima can still play a mean game:

7. Likes Qoco liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Have you ever noticed how many Hellsing characters wear glasses? I think there are more glasses in Hellsing than any other anime. Well, maybe not more than Hellsing Ultimate, but I do think Ultimate went a bit overboard, so let's not talk about that one. But despite all those cases of astigmatism, only Alucard makes them look cool.

Of course, when the glasses come off, the eyes turn red, and Alucard is at his deadliest.

9. Likes Qoco liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Have you ever noticed how many Hellsing characters wear glasses? .

Yes, Which is why I posted it waaaay up there.

People in anime who need glasses SERIOUSLY need glasses. They often can't find them without them.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Yes, Which is why I posted it waaaay up there.
    Oh, right. I forgot.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist. Problem: Trying to find a video which was not a spoiler. I don't want to take away anything from the two or three people out there who never watched FMA or FMA Brotherhood, so the selection was small.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In Witch Hunter Robin, as I recall, our young heroine misses her mark when trying out her magic. As I recall, she almost took out her team. (It's been years since I watched this series.) The solution to the problem? Specs. She looks good in glasses -- and they do help.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Vash

Various others.. often with sinister agendas... especially if they are reflecting light and you can't see their eyes.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-13-2022 at 06:01 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, yes. There's Mizuho from Please! Teacher! She's a strange visitor from another planet who is married to one of her students.

And Shinra from Durarara! and DurararaX2! How could I forget him? These brainy guys always end up with the hot babes with no heads.

You really need to identify these characters for those who may not be familiar with them. Not everyone has seen these series.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I had some friends who attended Catholic schools. From what they tell me, one of the teachers must have been Sister Eda. From Black Lagoon:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Homura usually doesn't wear her glasses. That's when she is the most deadly. But here she is just trying to figure out a mystery. From the third film Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion:

There's one hell of a twist at the end of this movie.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Bleach's Aizen may be one of the most hated villains of all time. But don't mess with him.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Finally we get to the number 1 glasses wearing character -- Shizuo Heiwajima, who can even make a waiter's uniform look cool.

And to prove what a great guy he is, here is the aforementioned rescue of Akane, the little girl who tried to kill him. From DurararaX2:

No English subtitles, but you really don't need them.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Do goggles count?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Goggles? Why not? They are similar enough.

You can even include someone with a monocle. Only off hand, I can't think of any anime characters with a monocle.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Goggles? Why not? They are similar enough.

You can even include someone with a monocle. Only off hand, I can't think of any anime characters with a monocle.
    None spring to mind eh? (CoughcoughWALTERcough)

As for Goggles... Digimon.. .oh and Naruto....

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Of course! Walter.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Has anyone else been watching Made in Abyss on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim? A few of the kids wear glasses, but let's concern ourselves with Riko, the series' heroine.

I haven't seen enough of the series to make any other comments. I am only three episodes in.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 01-31-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Of course! Walter.
    Yu Yu Hakusho's Mokuro...

Lots of DBZ characters

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wouldn't call those DBZ things glasses. Their only use was to measure your opponents power in a fight.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They also work as one eyed sunglasses, near as I can tell.

Anyway there's lots, especially when germans are involved.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I'm not so sure. There's a bit difference between a scanner and a simple monocle.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information