AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My review on Amazon's New World

Member Audreeana is on a distinguished road Audreeana's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2022 09:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My review on Amazon's New World

I think New Worldhas great potential. I'm really enjoying the crafting and gathering systems in place. PvP is a bit clunky but when there's large open world fights it's genuinely fun. I'm not a fan of action combat and much prefer tab targeting but this didn't feel as bad as I was worried about.

The Good:

- Large world with varied terrain and mob types.

- Endless gathering new world items. If you see something in the world it's very likely you can harvest it somehow.

- a very deep crafting tree with BiS gear craftable but they require boss drops, a new twist on the endless gear farming that adds variety.

- Tons of quests. XP and reputation has not been a problem for any zone. The quest variety isn't great but you'll find leveling easy if you don't get sidetracked with on the harvesting and crafting available

- A pretty well done fishing mini game. It doesn't feel unecesarily burdensome and reeling in a fish big or small feel rewarding. You can really tell what you're reeling in as your doing so.

The Bad:

- Nothing new or groundbreaking in quest types. Fetch and grab 10 bear rectums. Loot 20 chests. The quests you've done everywhere else

- No mounts, the fast travel system is good but it's still a bandaid and would feel good to have some method to travel overland quicker than running speed.

- Action Combat,. If you're not a fan of action style combat, this game is fully that. The combat wasn't as clunky as I thought it was going to be, bit I really think skills and combat feel better with a tab targeting system. Locked in auto attack animations and fast paced combat don't mesh well together

- A lot of the systems don't feel finished. Which may also be a positive as there is a lot more they can do. It's really going to depend on Amazon studios and how much they want to put into this game. If there's regular content updates and they put some polish into some of the mechanics and animations this has a ton of potential.
    Last edited by Audreeana; 12-16-2021 at 01:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information