AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Childhood memories

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Childhood memories

What are some things you remember from being young?

Example: when I was young the Disney channel did these commercials where they made pancakes and they were flipped and landed ont he plate in the shape of Mickey mouse.

So naturally i asked my mom to make me Mickey mouse shaped pancakes. She did it by making one pancake then adding two more which were actually attached as ears.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Default Re: Childhood memories

I have quite a few but a few that stand out:

1. My family used to own a caravan in Bridlington (its a seaside town in northern England, for those not from the UK). It was a static and we would stay there for a week in the summer when I was a kid. Me and my brother would play all around the caravan park with other kids that were staying there. We also used to visit a little park up the road in a place called Sewerby which was really nice. In the evening, my mum would drive us up to another place called Flambrough to see the lighthouse and then drive back into Bridlington to look at the lights along the road in front of the beach. Good times.

2. I read a book called The Chrysalids by John Wyndham when I was in Year 5 (i.e. when I was about 9-10). My teacher told me to stop reading it because it was apparently well beyond my reading level, so I did. I remember being really interested in it though, but I forgot about it afterwards and forgot the title. All I remembered from it was the cover with a girls foot with 6 toes (a reference to the people with deformaties in the book). Anyway, I stumbled across it again when I was 16-17 on Amazon and bought it. It's my favorite book now.

3. I went to three different primary schools as a kid. The first one I was only at for about half of my nursrey year (about 6 months). I must have been about 4-5 and I had a best friend who went there. We were inseperable and did literally everything together. I moved to a different school after and to this day I don't recall anything about him. I don't remember his name, what he looked like, nothing. All I remember is that I had this friend. I really want to find out who it was.
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I remember my former family beat me mercilessly as a kid. 's okay, though. Karma is on its way.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

We had chickens and his one black bantam rooster always used to chase us when we went out for eggs.

We eventually ate him.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

I remember when I first fell off my bike. So painful! And quite funny, since I have never been a girl of many physical wounds, so I have this one on my mind as if it was yesterday. Remember to be careful while riding, unlike me.

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    I remember when I first fell off my bike. So painful! And quite funny, since I have never been a girl of many physical wounds, so I have this one on my mind as if it was yesterday. Remember to be careful while riding, unlike me.

I remember falling off my bike for the first time... into a nettle bush. I had a rash for a week I think lol.

I also remember taking an extremely long time to jump into the swimming pool. I was scared, not sure what of though. In the end my teacher made me and my brother demonstrate to another swimming class how to jump in (she just assumed I'd done it before). My brother did it without issue, and I wasn't going to be bested by him, so I did it too. Fun fact: I didn't die.
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RZ. View Post
    I also remember taking an extremely long time to jump into the swimming pool. I was scared, not sure what of though. In the end my teacher made me and my brother demonstrate to another swimming class how to jump in (she just assumed I'd done it before). My brother did it without issue, and I wasn't going to be bested by him, so I did it too. Fun fact: I didn't die.
    I CRIED the first time I went to the swimming pool, because I didn't want my parents to leave me. Talking about old stuff!

I didn't die either. We are pretty much strong. We are cool! (Luckily)

8. Likes RZ. liked this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Five-year-olds shouldn't watch Shakka Zulu.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i distinctly recall the day, around 1988/1989 or thereabouts, when a nephew i was hanging around a lot at the time
    gave me his poorly built-up ROBOTECH CHANGERS "VEXAR" a mid-80's U.S./WORLD market reboxing

of IMAI's 1983 Japanese-market MACROSS VF-1S Focker 1/72 VARIABLE TYPE model kit.

being somewhere between 6 and 8 years of age at that time, the model didn't last long in my club-fingered-hands,
    but it left it's indelible lifelong impression upon a future Anime fan all the same;

Last edited by Tasuke; 09-07-2021 at 08:12 AM.

11. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

My dad was in the Air Force so we were between California and The Philippines a lot until he retired (I was in 3rd grade) and we moved to Arizona.

I remember seeing all three Ninja Turtles movies. I met Ernie Reyes, Jr, who played Keno in the second movie, when living in California and went to his Tae Kwon Do school.

I remember going to a few WWF events with my brothers and dad.

My youngest brother was diagnosed with autism when he was three (he is three years younger than me). I remember the first time he reacted to me be copying a high-five we watched on Garfield.

I remember getting an NES for XMas 1988

I remember attending a funeral of my mother's uncle when I was 5.

I remember losing my first tooth while eating a hamburger from Burger King while watching Home Alone at the theater (the theater had a Burger King).
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

13. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

my folks bought me my first Games Console for X-Mas 1989, the SEGA GENESIS, just as it first hit TOYS-R-US in the U.S. market...

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah Nintendo. I still remember the Game Genie immortality code for Super Mario 3. SLXPLOVS

https://twitter.com/i/status/1434129178429902851
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 09-10-2021 at 11:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information