AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can straight people write gay fiction?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Can straight people write gay fiction?

Okay so for those who don't know I've written and published several lesbian based books. https://www.amazon.com/Books-C-D-Ove....D.+Overstreet

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/303229/Clayton-Overstreet

One thing I've noticed is a lot of complaints about whether guys can or should write such things.
    In fact historically a lot of lesbian novels were originally written by men. Although back then they ended with the girls goin crazy, going back to men (same thing), or suicide. yikes.
    Thought I've read some very good ones like Swann's "Emperors of the twilight".
    in addition two popular websites, one a very blog from a Middle Eastern lesbian, and another run by a blind lesbian mother, both turned out to actually be run by forty year old men who completely fooled people. Seriously look up the stats. Men are fairly good at convincing people online that they are lesbians.

And it seems to me that straight guys or even girls who like girls would be better at it than say straight girls at least , since straight men and lesbians are both attracted to women. personally I find it a lot more romantic without guys involved.

In addition while recently lesbian shave begun writing books like that, it's a recent development. previously a lot of such books were more about feminism than entertainment. these days there's even pushed to make at least one (technically two)Disney princesses into a lesbian couple in at least one movie. It's a standard inclusion in many TV shows and is no longer considered something bad by anyone without damages chromosomes.

ironically a lot of yaoi, or gay fiction, is written by women including straight, bi, gay, etc.

So what do you think? Are straight men and women capable of writing decent gay, bi, trans, or lesbian romance? Should they? Do you have any examples to support your opinion? Like for example I'm pretty sure Legend of Korra was done by two guys...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 08-12-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Can straight people write gay fiction?

It is just people complaining, as usual. You are limited by your imagination and experiences, but aside of that, you can research and create some proper writing. I am no writer, but every piece of work is just 'a vision' of stuff. Does not mean it is right or wrong. That is usually the kind of toxic comment you should always ignore.

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Default Re: Can straight people write gay fiction?

I'm toying with the idea of making one of my main female characters develop a relationship with another girl for my fantasy book which I was working on. I'm also pretty sure I want to make the primary male character Asexual, seen as I am myself. I don't think there's any issue with it unless you're specifically fetishizing it and writing these relationships in an unrealistic or weird way. Unless it's erotic fiction you're writing, in which case - let loose I guess. Lol.
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information