AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Love Stories

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Red face Anime Love Stories

Let’s discuss anime love stories. For the purposes of this discussion, an anime love story has to either have the love story itself as the main plot, or the love story provides major support to the main plot. So no anime in which the love story is a minor plot point, or has no role in the main story. (Although some of my choices may be borderline.)

My list is in no particular order. Maybe I will relist later on if others remind me of anime I have forgotten about.

WARNING! Some spoilers.

Stepped Up Love Story. Two virgins in their late 20’s get married. Neither knows much about the physical act of sex, but they get pointers from their friends. Eventually, this couple mentor younger couples. Yes, this one is soft-core hentai. But still it is a sweet story of a man and a woman who love each other so much that they want to provide each other with pleasure.

Love, Chuunibyou, and other Delusions. Yuuka is a recovered Chuunibyou, that is someone who partly lives in a make believe world of magic, sorcery, demons, and warriors. Starting life over again in a new school, Yuuka hopes to live a normal life. But then he meets Rikka, a committed Chuunibyou. Obviously Yuuka will fall in love with the annoying Rikka. The first season ends darkly and hopefully when Yuuka learns that Rikka’s obsession deals with a mental trauma, and he promises to be at Rikka’s side forever. It would have been a perfect ending to the series, only there is a second season which is not bad, but it does not live up to the first.

Your Name. Boy and girl are strangers. Boy and girl change bodies back and forth. Boy and girl fall in love from a distance. This has all the makings of a pretty good comedy, but it does turn dark when Taki learns that Mitsuha, her family, and her entire town are in mortal danger.

Your Lie in April. This series is a heartbreaker. Child prodigy Kousei has walked away from a promising future as a pianist due to emotional trauma. A free spirited violinist named Kaori brings him back. Kousei falls in love with Kaori, but those feelings are not returned. Only at the end do we learn of the lie.

Rumbling Hearts. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl fall in love. Girl is left in an irreversible coma due to a traffic accident. After a few years, boy falls in love with a long time female friend. Then the girl wakes up. This is a heartbreaker.

A Silent Voice. Shouko is the new girl in school. She is deaf and the target of bullying lead by Shouya. Things get so bad that Shouko is forced to transfer to another school. Years later, Shouya’s life is going nowhere. He has remorse over the way he treated Shouko, and then the two are reunited. Naturally, a strong bond develops. My only complaint is that they could have taken this a bit further.

Beastars. In a world where all the people are animals, the shy, awkward wolf Legosi falls in love with the cute dwarf rabbit Haru. Good relationships between the species are encouraged, but that does not include romance. To make things more complicated, Haru is having an affair with the big man on campus, the buck Louis.

A Whisker Away. Schoolgirl Miyo loves classmate Kento. Kento ignores Miyo. Miyo gains the power to turn into a cat so she can be close to Kento.

Torodora. Supposed campus tough guy Ryuuji gets a new rival in tough girl Taiga. Eventually they agree to team up to help each other win the hearts of those they love. Can you see where this is going?

Hi Score Girl. In the world of video games, there is a love triangle. Ono and Hidaka both love the clueless Haruo. But give Haruo time. There is a heartbreaking moment in season one when the emotionally fragile Ono is temporarily separated from Haruo, having taken him on as an emotional crutch.

Please! Teacher. This is for any schoolboy who has ever had a crush on a hot, young teacher. Especially if that teacher is an alien from another planet.

Midori Days. High schooler Seiji is a tough guy with a reputation which scares off any potential girlfriend. He is unaware that Midori loves him from a distance, until Midori replaces his right hand. They do keep this anime clean.

That’s enough. What are your anime love stories?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Default Re: Anime Love Stories

Click image for larger version

Name:	859d22f245123b4f4d8da7c38dc92898.jpg
Views:	1148
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	86380
    I was very invested in Kaname x Sousuke when I watched FMP. I hope they continue with a sequal to Invisible Victory because I need to know happens!
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Kimi ni Todoke is the one that first comes to mind when I think about romance. Simple, predictable... and still makes me melt like a teenager.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RZ. View Post
    I was very invested in Kaname x Sousuke when I watched FMP. I hope they continue with a sequal to Invisible Victory because I need to know happens!
    I'm not familiar with that anime, but a lot of these love stories leave us wanting to know what happens next.

More later.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

First a correction. It is not Stepped Up Love Story. It is Step Up Love Story, and I can't find a decent clip to post.

So instead I will post a clip from a series I forgot to mention. It is B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time. Yamada is the prettiest girl in her high school, and not only does she want to lose her virginity, but she also wants to have sex with 100 guys. First on her list is a fellow virgin, but they have a hard time hooking up. And you guessed it. She falls in love with him. The series unfortunately never has a conclusion. There is not a single plot point which is resolved.

Yes, love will eventually take over -- and over and over and over. There are at least three, maybe four, love triangles. It's been a while since I watched this.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ore Monogatari!! It is a quite cute love story... even looking from the outside!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ This couple reminds me of a couple I knew in college. Big guy and petite girl.

What's the premise?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

I'm a huge Yuri fan. Unfortunatey in a lot of the older yuri they used to leave it pretty open ended.

Also a lot of animes have a Valentines/White Day episode

And pretty much all of them have someone with a love interest

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon maid

Strawberry Panic

Every Tenchi series EVER

Eureka 7

Kanon

Sakura Trick

Riddle Story of Devil

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-16-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    ^ This couple reminds me of a couple I knew in college. Big guy and petite girl.

What's the premise?
    You basically described it. Big guy, small girl. Both are quite shy. It works out thanks to the third person! He is more or less a... relationship support. Cute plot still!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    You basically described it. Big guy, small girl. Both are quite shy. It works out thanks to the third person! He is more or less a... relationship support. Cute plot still!
    I actually have that one and it was great. The big guy starts out thinking she doesn't like him because all the girls always like his best friend who doesn't like them because they're mean to the big guy (also he might be gay... hard to tell). Then it turns out the small girl does like the big guy, only nobody (including him) gets why at first, but others slowly learn how cool he is while out two main characters go on dates and fall in love and junk.

A lot of animes don't have girls falling in love with big muscular guys for some reason.

note: Don't get this series mixed up with Bakemonogatari which also has a pretty intense love story.

In Riddle Story of Devil two different couples had to murder each other to prove their love.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-16-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

11. Likes Tsundere Magus liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was always wondering how the big guy didn't hurt the small girl when they. . . . Never mind!

Riddle Story of the Devil sounds dark. I like dark anime.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Girls aren't that breakable in anime or real life. besides if you think that's hard, think what Inuyasha's mom had to do to make love to her guy in his true form. I hear she had to hire a Sherpa just to reach the base...

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Love, Chuunibyou, and other Delusions, what do you do with the most annoying girl you ever met? You fall in love with her, of course.

Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rikka, annoying? If she's annoying, I want the whole planet to be annoying.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    Rikka, annoying? If she's annoying, I want the whole planet to be annoying.
    At first Yuuta is annoyed by Rikka.

But then he starts to care for her. And when he learns of Rikka's somewhat thin emotional state, he stands by her. Love conquers all.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In Your Name, a high school boy and girl exchange bodies back and forth. They are complete strangers, but fall in love. Only time is against them and lives hang in the balance. This could have been a mere high school romance anime. But it is more.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some couples just make no sense at all.

https://www.cbr.com/anime-couples-best-worst-all-time/

Honestly Sakura really should have fallen for someone other than Sasuke at some point.

Others they drag out too much

I still say Stalking is the #1 sport in anime though

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Boy meets girl. Girl saves boy. Boy falls in love with girl. Girl likes someone else. Get ready for a good cry.

From Your Lie in April:

Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Itazura na Kiss. It is probably one of the longest shoujos I have seen out there. And no, I am not talking about how many episodes it has. It is not that long in these terms. But how long lasting the relationship is and how much it evolves in so few episodes. Recommended for a peek! It does have a Live Action too, but I have never been a fan of them either way.

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Click image for larger version

Name:	blue_and_hige.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	86388
    Blue and Hige from Wolfs Rain
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I tried to post a scene from Rumbling Hearts, but the only good one I could find can't be accessed from here. So I just have to post the trailer:

Last edited by PictureGuy; 07-22-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A Silent Voice is about redemption and getting a chance to set things right. And love. Don't forget love.

Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I feel like opening the forbidden chest today. What about a bit of controversial romance?

Chobits!

And a very similar one in terms of themes.

Plastic Memories.

What do you think about them? Interesting, huh? But indeed, controversial.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I didn't care for Chobits. I don't remember how many episodes I watched, but it was more than six before I gave up on it, I'm sure. Though the panty episode was a classic.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

From Beastars, the season one opening pretty much gives you an idea of the mood of the series. Can a wolf and a rabbit find happiness together?

I just started season two on Netflix Streaming.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Girl loves boy. Girl turns into cat. But does everything turn out OK in the end?

The trailer for A Whisker Away:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information