AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inu Yasha - Change the World Lyrics Check

Member DjCartOOn is on a distinguished road DjCartOOn's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2022 02:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    A little here, a little there. Currently: Italy
    Threads

Default Inu Yasha - Change the World Lyrics Check

Hello all!
    Every time I do add the lyrics to a song I just added to my collection I carefully listen to the words to see if what is written is what you really hear: I was quite surprised to find two strange things in one of the most famous songs in anime, the Inu Yasha opening song "Change the World" by V6.
    Unfortunately I am as skilled with my ears as unskilled with my Japanese, so I have to move the question over to you :

1st thing:
    In the refrain,

"I want to change the world
    kaze wo kakenukete
    nanimo osorezu ni
    ima yuuki to
    egao no KAKERA daite"

the ima is sung as IDA. Both at the beginning and the end of the song. Someone want to check the kanji, or maybe it's just dialect, I have no clue. It definiyely sounds IDA to me.

2nd thing:

"I want to change the world
    nido to mayowanai kimi to iru mirai
    katachi doreba doko made mo toberu sa
    Change my mind
    jounetsu tayasazu ni shiranai ashita e
    tsubasa hiroge hanabatakeru hazu sa
    It's wonderland"

The word sung is clearly HABATAKERU, that NA is not to be heard.

As I do file all my music files in the same way, no matter the language, I know that on the net people just copy texts from one site to another, so the translation mistakes become a common error (especially if it's a hiragana/katakana/kanji to romaji translation). The result is that to find a correct translation is almost impossible, not even 1 out of 100 (in this case I'm talking about lyrics of english sonmgs, but I guess that happens everywhere in the world).

Could anyone do a check and tell me if my ears were correct (I most certainly are, but as I said my Japanese skills are very poor, so there may be a rule that makes the "na" from the word hanabatakeru go deaf, like the name "Asuka" that is spoken "Aska"and the "u" disappears)?

Many thanks!

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Inu Yasha - Change the World Lyrics Check

Hi, firstly, you've probably posted this is in the wrong subforum. It should be in the lyrics corrections as you are not attempting to translate the song, as this subforum is for.
    Secondly, it really helps if you post links to the original page on the site you're talking about (https://www.animelyrics.com/anime/in...getheworld.htm).

With that out of the way, I gave it a listen. The 今 has no additional readings given, and from what I can hear it's almost certainly just plain old "ima" for the reading. As for the "hanabatakeru", I must admit it did give me a chuckle (hanabatake means flower field). It's a mistake from the word 羽ばたける (habatakeru) where that first kanji is meant to be read 'ha' but in this case has been misread for another reading.

Member DjCartOOn is on a distinguished road DjCartOOn's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2022 02:49 PM
    A little here, a little there. Currently: Italy
    Threads

Default Re: Inu Yasha - Change the World Lyrics Check

Whoopsie. I had noticed It might fit in another place, thank you for moving it. I didn't think to post the page link since I thought there was only one page on AnimeLyrics with the translations from Kanji to Romaji. You never stop to learn ^^

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information