AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you decide what to watch next?

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Default How do you decide what to watch next?

So I reached about 200+ anime on my MAL plan to watch the other day. I started thinking about how I never actually watch what I add because I always choose to watch whatever I'm hyped about at the time, and that I might be missing out on a bunch of great shows.

So I decided to find an online list randomizer, copied and pasted my list into it, and now I have a list of anime I can watch in a completely random order!

How do you guys choose what to watch next?

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Default Re: How do you decide what to watch next?

That's actually a good question. I don't think there is a constant method for me. Sometimes I pick it because I liked the opening or a piece of the soundtrack. Sometimes it is because I liked a character or a seiyuu out of it. And sometimes I pick at random from my list of plans. 200 on plan to watch, though? You're never going to end that, it's gonna keep growing!

One way or another, it is definitely random for me. But this girl is never gonna end up her plan to watch list either, even if it's not that huge.

3. Likes RZ. liked this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    That's actually a good question. I don't think there is a constant method for me. Sometimes I pick it because I liked the opening or a piece of the soundtrack. Sometimes it is because I liked a character or a seiyuu out of it. And sometimes I pick at random from my list of plans. 200 on plan to watch, though? You're never going to end that, it's gonna keep growing!

One way or another, it is definitely random for me. But this girl is never gonna end up her plan to watch list either, even if it's not that huge.

Ohh yes openings and soundtracks! A lot of my watch list is made up of shows I saw the OP of and liked the song.

I remember when I first got into anime, after watching 10 shows or something like that I got worried I'd run out of anime. Then I found MAL and 1001 anime intros videos on YouTube and now I worry about never finishing lol. Everytime I add a show to the list I stray further from the light.

5. Likes Tsundere Magus liked this post
    Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

There are a few shows I ended up watching because I loved the opening, actually... Just because of finding them on an opening top list or something like that. And I am not even good at analyzing music!

But no worries! You will always have something to watch. Even if you don't want to, right? Even if you watch and watch and watch, there are so many of them, and so little time... Good thing we are eternal to watch them all.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2024 09:00 PM
    Threads

I watch most of what is on Cartoon Network's Toonami/Adult Swim. Then I look at anything I can find on Netflix Streaming. They continuously have new anime, including stuff they produced in partnership with Japanese studios. I may check out videos on YouTube.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Seeing people on MAL who've seen 1000+ anime always gives me hope that I'll at least catch all the shows worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I watch most of what is on Cartoon Network's Toonami/Adult Swim. Then I look at anything I can find on Netflix Streaming. They continuously have new anime, including stuff they produced in partnership with Japanese studios. I may check out videos on YouTube.
    I used to watch Netflix a lot. Will probably renew membership when I have income again. I haven't checked out CN in such a long time as I haven't lived anywhere with a Sky/Virgin box for the last 3-4 years. I'm surprised they still show anime on there. Most of the kids TV channels here in the UK have gone very... downhill... since I was a little.
    Last edited by RZ.; 07-05-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Senior Member Kagakoko will become famous soon enough Kagakoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Cheeseburger Scorpio Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2021 09:36 AM
    Threads

My tactic is I watch older anime then I watch newer titles plus I got a list to watch ten anime after I finish it I list the next ten anime I ptw

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kagakoko View Post
    My tactic is I watch older anime then I watch newer titles plus I got a list to watch ten anime after I finish it I list the next ten anime I ptw
    Just out of curiosity, what is on your current list?

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Try browsing Amazon under Anime and seeing what they have.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Kagakoko will become famous soon enough Kagakoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Cheeseburger Scorpio Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2021 09:36 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is on your current list?
    I'm currently watching hypnosis mic rap battle anime

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

I just got Solty Rei. Haven't seen it yet but it's cued up in the DVD player.

Generally I go to the stacks of DVDS and the overflowing bookshelf of DVDs and just pick something i haven't seen in a while.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    I just got Solty Rei. Haven't seen it yet but it's cued up in the DVD player.
    I watched that one years ago. It's pretty good.

This could probably be put on my list of dark anime, only it is not as dark as the others.

Junior Member CharlotteHoffman is on a distinguished road CharlotteHoffman's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2021 04:55 AM
    Threads

I enjoy every bit of it!

So cool!
    Last edited by CharlotteHoffman; 12-03-2021 at 09:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information