AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A detailed dream about an anime... that doesn't exist.

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Default A detailed dream about an anime... that doesn't exist.

I posted this on another forum a long while ago but there were no responses, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had experienced anything similar.

A few years ago I had a dream about an anime that didn't exist, in striking detail. The dream went something like this - I was with a group of friends on the way to a football match and we stopped off at this guys house. All I remember about the guy was that he was Turkish, and that he dealt with technology, specifically hacking/decoding. Anyway, we were waiting for him to do something and he put this anime on the TV. I don't recall anything about the intro music, but the imagery stuck with me. It consisted of still-shots of people in bad/weird situations (one was of a dead kid lying in a sewer with a bunch of other kids stood around them, another was of a guy who'd morphed into a brick wall with people stood around also. After each of these still-shots, the camera would pan up to this creepy, smiling alien creature, usually sat on a wall or ledge nearby.

In the dream I found the DVD box, which had the title "P-riad: Ilicit of the Wavered" (I'll save you some time here - the title makes no sense. I googled every word and it's gibberish lol). I googled the anime in my dream and found it was made in the 1980s and remade in 1993. Then I woke up.

After I woke up I googled the anime and what do you know? It doesn't exist lol. I just thought this was super weird and annoying, because I now have the urge to track down and watch a show that exists only in my head Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this??
    Last edited by RZ.; 07-04-2021 at 07:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Default Re: A detailed dream about an anime... that doesn't exist.

Dreams are something I rarely talk about because they are... well, so random? I like to imagine stuff related to anime, so aesthetics are pretty much present in my life. Indeed, in dreams as well. And of course, they don't always exist or they end up being a weird crossover between characters who have absolutely nothing in common. Can't think of any good examples right now aside of a zombie invasion I dreamt about last year or so. Figure around twenty characters dressed up in modern clothing and trying to survive together. I remember Inuyasha and Lelouch being around, between many others. Particularly these two since I got infected and those two seemed worried about me. Ah well! Even in a dream like this I have to die, eh? There goes my protagonist soul.

3. Thanks RZ. thanked for this post
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    Dreams are something I rarely talk about because they are... well, so random? I like to imagine stuff related to anime, so aesthetics are pretty much present in my life. Indeed, in dreams as well. And of course, they don't always exist or they end up being a weird crossover between characters who have absolutely nothing in common. Can't think of any good examples right now aside of a zombie invasion I dreamt about last year or so. Figure around twenty characters dressed up in modern clothing and trying to survive together. I remember Inuyasha and Lelouch being around, between many others. Particularly these two since I got infected and those two seemed worried about me. Ah well! Even in a dream like this I have to die, eh? There goes my protagonist soul.

Zombie invasion dreams seem to be very common! A lot of my friends have them, and they also all happen to be fans of zombie movies. Who'd have thought? I have occasional dreams about nuclear attacks, probably because I used to watch a lot of history videos about the Cold War and watched/read a few fictional works about post-nuclear society. The people that our minds inject into these dreams are far more weird and interesting I think. I often have real life people who I've never imagined in the same thought suddenly appearing together. Seems you have the same thing but with anime characters!

5. Likes Tsundere Magus liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

You dreamed about an anime which does not exist? I suggest you write down all that you remember and create the anime script yourself. You never know. After all, Robert Louis Stevenson did write Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde based on a dream he had.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

That moment when my crossover falls into copyright rules and can't be sold. Darn!

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    You dreamed about an anime which does not exist? I suggest you write down all that you remember and create the anime script yourself. You never know. After all, Robert Louis Stevenson did write Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde based on a dream he had.

I'm genuinely thinking about it! I'm not sure what story I would write about it though. Homocidal alien who kills people in weird ways? How would I explain the ridiculous title?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsundere Magus View Post
    That moment when my crossover falls into copyright rules and can't be sold. Darn!

Keep the original stuff, change anything that clashes with reality

9. Likes Tsundere Magus liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information