AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio Ghibli Fest 2021

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Studio Ghibli Fest 2021

Anyone know anything else about this?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Default Re: Studio Ghibli Fest 2021

https://www.fathomevents.com/series/studio-ghibli-fest

It's not pretty though. The first movie doesn't come out til early Oct. Although, they are playing a handful of my favorite titles: Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, and My Neighbor Totoro.
    -------------------

I've always tried to watch as many of them as I could every year before Covid. Ghibli movies are just so spectacular and amazing to watch. Miyazaki has such a wonderful gift for telling a story with such vivid animation. The only one my heart couldn't handle was... yup you guessed it... Grave of the Fireflies. But I guess because of how emotional of a movie it is, it makes it that much greater of a piece to watch.

It's impossible to know which is my favorite. They all have a special feel to them. I think the first one that usually pops into my head to enjoy is Ponyo because of the beautiful and well animated ocean scenes. It's a very relaxing movie to watch and it's cute.

If I don't end up finding a DVD of them, I'll go see Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

I wish they would screen Ponyo. I remember the background art in some scene reminding me a bit of Van Gough.

I wonder how many parents will take their kids to see any of these films thinking they are Disney movies. Well, Disney does have the distribution rights in the US. I've run into people who consider any animated movie to be Disney. Of course, modern Disney comes nowhere close to Studio Ghibli.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 07-03-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

It's a good excuse to enjoy old classics once again. That's how I see it, at least! A good moment to watch Spirited away another time~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information