AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple transliteration errors for Cross Game special ending Koi SURU Otome

Junior Member badbboyz is on a distinguished road badbboyz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2021 05:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Multiple transliteration errors for Cross Game special ending Koi SURU Otome

This is a link to the lyrics:

https://www.animelyrics.com/anime/cr...isuruotome.htm

This is a link to the song:

1. On line 8, it says zutto isshou da yo to ka when it should be zutto issho da yo to ka. I'm pretty sure this is just a case of the accidentally thinking that 一緒 is romanized as isshou but as I'm sure everyone knows, there's no elongated vowel. Also, zutto isshou (as in ずっと一生) makes no sense in the context of the song, and honestly, I don't think it even makes grammatical sense as a phrase. So it's just an error. It comes up a bunch of times and the same logic applies.

2. On line 15, it says seifu wa kaerimichi hitorigoto. This should be seifu should be serifu. Pretty sure this is just a typo.

3.On line 18, isshou should be changed to issho.

4. On line 19, it says atama wo BON to tataite kuru. The onomatopoeia that is used here is ポンと so BON should be changed to PON.

5. On line 31, it again says seifu when it should be serifu.

6. On line 36, it says isshou when it should be issho.

7. On line 43, seifu should be serifu.

8. I noticed there is a discrepancy between the systems of romanization. For example, in the first chorus the elongated vowel of ような is romanized as "koi SURU otome ga kuchi ni suru youna" but in the last chorus it's romanized as "koi SURU otome ga kuchi ni suru yōna". I'm fine with either system but shouldn't it at least be consistent?

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Multiple transliteration errors for Cross Game special ending Koi SURU Otome

Thanks for pointing these out. They have now been fixed.

3. Thanks badbboyz thanked for this post
    Junior Member badbboyz is on a distinguished road badbboyz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2021 05:22 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Multiple transliteration errors for Cross Game special ending Koi SURU Otome

Upon further reflection and listening to the song again, I realize there is another error with both the kanji page and the romaji page. Listen to the song at 2:09, and the lyric at this point is actually ポンて叩いてくる, when on the animelyrics version it says ポンと. My evidence for why it should be changed is twofold. One, listen to the song at 2:09 and you will definitely agree that it says te instead of to. The other piece of evidence is that this other site with lyrics (https://petitlyrics.com/lyrics/1466734) shows a discrepancy between the two lyrics. Honestly, I'm not good enough at Japanese to really be able to argue that one or the other makes more grammatical sense. Both particles sound acceptable to use after the ポン onomatopoeia. If someone more knowledgeable in the Japanese particle grammar department could weigh in that would be great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information