AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite Anime Monsters

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Exclamation Favorite Anime Monsters

List your favorite monster characters. First some rules:

1. It actually has to be a monster. This can include humans who can take monster forms, monsters who can take human form, but it does not include just humans. Even if they have special powers, those are still just humans.

2. It actually has to be a character, not just some thing or groups of things who go around destroying Tokyo or whatever. They have to interact with other characters, and/or intentionally and consciously drive the plot or a sub-plot.

3. No groups of monsters. It has to be an individual character. For example, don’t list the Homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist as a group. But you can list an individual one.

4. NO VAMPIRES! I don’t want this thread to turn into a vampire thread, so no vampires of any kind. I tell you what. Next week I will start a favorite vampire character thread, and we can discuss them there.

So here is my list.

Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist. Yes, I know the homunculi look human, but they are not, and many times they can transform. Still this does come close to violating rule 1. That is why I chose Gluttony as he looks the least human of all.

Kaiman from Dorohedoro. Underneath it all, Kaiman is human. Only he has been cursed with a lizard head, and someone inside his mouth who may know the mage responsible and how to break the curse. Just don’t check the head out yourself. You may lose your own. Dorohedoro is a sci-fi, horror, adventure anime which in no way takes itself seriously. It’s pretty close to Dumb, but Fun.

Vincent from Ergo Proxy. He looks like a quiet human, but in his true form he is a monster. The real protagonist of the series is the police detective Re-l, who sees herself as a strong, independent woman. But in reality, it is the monster Vincent and the little girl android who teach Re-l what it means to be human.

Ryuk from Death Note. The brains behind it all. Beware of bored Shinigami who leave their notebooks lying around. They are usually up to no good. I bet Light regrets making his acquaintance now.

Koro Sensei from Assassination Classroom. Of course he is a monster! He’s not human, is he? But he is also an excellent teacher showing his casted-off students that they have value and purpose. Oh, and he is also going to destroy the world. It’s a ridiculous premise, but it works!

Migi from Parasyte. From the anime which taught millions the incorrect way to spell parasite, comes Migi. His goal, as is the goal of all of his kind, is to take over human bodies. Unfortunately for Migi, his efforts fall short, and he is only able to possess one arm of his host. But it does create a bond and gains Migi a new friend in Shinichi.

Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Not all monsters are big and ugly. Some can be cute and tiny. Kyubey is so cute you just want to hug him to death – which might be a good idea. This alien is dangerous.

No Face from Spirited Away. This is a minor character, but an important one who does show kindness to our heroine Chihiro. His appearance in the movie is brief, but memorable.

Maybe more later.

Meanwhile, talk about your favorite anime monsters.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Favorite Anime Monsters

From FMA, doesn't Gluttony remind you of Curley Howard?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Kaiman has it tough. Imagine waking up with no memory, plus you have a lizard head.

I'm still waiting for the next season of Dorohedoro.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Dragons, of course.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Dragons, of course.
    Which one? And in which anime? Read rule 3.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ryuk from Death Note:

Any human who uses the Death Note cannot go to heaven or hell for eternity. They go to Cleveland instead.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Which one? And in which anime? Read rule 3.
    Tohru. Miss Kobayahsi's Dragon maid.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I think I heard of it, but I never saw it. Tell us a little something about it.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's a weird, and risky, premise. Students are instructed to kill their teacher before he destroys the world. But Koro Sensei is not such an easy mark. From Assassination Classroom:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Parasyte is the story of a boy and his. . . . Right hand.

No, that's not what I mean. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Oooo, that Migi.

Still, it's not as interesting as Midori Days, where a boy's right hand turns into the girl who has a crush on him.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Both are good shows, though for different reasons.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Kyubey, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, is just as evil as he is cute:

This is not your little sister's magical girl anime.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I think I heard of it, but I never saw it. Tell us a little something about it.

Okay. A lady (Kobayashi) with a maid otaku fetish gets drunk one night after work and gets off the train in the mountains where she meets a dragon who was just wounded by a god in a battle in a mystical world. Drunkenly she pulls the sword out and then the two of them get blitzed (after the dragon turns into a girl and explains she hates humans). Said dragon offers to destroy the world, but instead Kobayashi says she should just be her maid (also let her play with her big boobs) to which the dragon agrees and shows up the next day when Kobayashi remembers NOTHING about any of this. Oh and Tohru has fallen in love/lust with her. She lets the dragon-maid stay, though it's rough going. Tohru needs help and calls some of her dragon friends for advice

Later more dragons move in. Hilarity ensues.
    The series is ongoing.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-15-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ So, it's not for kids?

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Kusanabe Yuki, from Demi-chan. She is basically a yuki-onna monster high school girl, whose body is always icy cold. Monsters don't need to be scary, right? This anime is just adorable.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Monsters don't have to be scary, but does she have a non-human form?

16. Likes Tsundere Magus liked this post
    Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

She doesn't show a 'monster form' in the anime, actually. I just noticed I brought up a typo there. The correct name is Yuki Kusakabe. Ah, my bad there! I am not sure if the manga reflects that. I will let you know if I sink myself into it!

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ So, it's not for kids?
    Why wouldn't it be?

No full nudity, bloody deaths, etc.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Spirited Away, No Face causes havoc when he first appears, but he really is a good, kind soul.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have a new one. Love Machine from Summer Wars is the film’s AI villain. Taking on a persona of it’s own, Love Machine makes his move to take over the world by controlling the internet.

Just because he does not exist in the real world does not make him any less of a monster.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 06-18-2021 at 10:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information