AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Castlevania, Season 4 (2021)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool Castlevania, Season 4 (2021)

Quite a lot happens in the final season of Castlevania. Trevor and Sypha fight to stop the resurrection of Dracula. Isaac advances with his army of night creatures. Camilla plots. And Alucard is played again. And that is just a small sample.

Again we get a lot of action, several deep stories, and some great animation in this American production, aided by Korean artists, animators, and technicians, and inspired by Japanese anime. It certainly shows that anime is not just a Japanese art form.

There is great voice acting in the original English dub. There is also a lot of profanity, slicing and dicing of limbs, and just the normal amount of violence you’d expect from fighting with vampires and demons.

The ending? I won’t give it away, but it is satisfying. The stories all come to a complete end. Some happy, some bitter-sweet, and none without tragic loss. Season 4 brings the Castlevania saga to a suitable close.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Member pathospades is on a distinguished road pathospades's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2021 06:03 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Castlevania, Season 4 (2021)

Hell yeah. Castlevania is such a good anime.

Did anyone know that Hector was a wizard? That straight-up completely went by me if it was mentioned earlier in the series. I always thought Hector was the most human in the entire cast, besides being a frelled-up loving forge master.

---

I'm so disappointed with Lenore's ending. Hector got manipulated, worked his donkey off as a slave, lived in a prison cell, wore the slave ring, and came face to face with his murderer.

I'm not sure if Lenore is in love with Hector, but the two do frelling like each other, so it's not like they're at each other's necks. Her ending is 100% unjustified.

---

Trevor's duel with the war vampire general is a little bit unsatisfying. Idk, I just kinda imagined the general would have more tricks up his sleeve than his straight-up combat skills.

Although, Sypha's fire magic is a sight to behold. Better than Roy Mustang.

---

Camilla's first monster kill was so seriously well done. She was crazy fast and was intimidating.

I feel like the self-destruct was unnecessary. Like... so un-vampire-ish. I felt like it was only necessary for the other sisters to notice, but it's just unfitting.

---

Overall, I liked Season 2 and season 3 way more. Season 4 had really good action scenes and the plot twists were insane, but the build-up for all of it is just not as good.

I can't remember season 1. It was so long ago.

Out of the whole cast, I like Isaac the most. I didn't like him so much in the beginning, but Season 3's Isaac was really nice. Sypha, second-most.

The thing that sets Castlevania apart from a lot of anime is that there's a huge main cast. It's really tough to build the main cast, all with their own arcs and spotlights, to come coherently together. I mean, Trevor's hardly the main character anymore with everyone else getting so much spotlight and the series is actually better for it. Usually, when you shift away from the main character, everyone starts losing interest asap.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hector was a Forgemaster. Something like a wizard, but with a specific profession.

All four seasons are on Netflix Streaming, if you want to re-watch season 1.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Hector was a Forgemaster. Something like a wizard, but with a specific profession.

All four seasons are on Netflix Streaming, if you want to re-watch season 1.

Yeah, but after he traps Lenore with the blue laser cage, he just makes this announcement like "You can't trust wizards." It's a big wtf. I'm no lore master but forge masters don't really make laser cages.

I know. I don't wanna bother w/ Season 1 again tho. At least not for another year. It would suck if Netflix takes it off Netflix since Netflix does periodically change up their movies, but I've already seen it.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Forgemasters can do a lot of things, besides create night creatures from the dead. Maybe a forgemaster is a class of wizard, or he could have been just using the term generically.

Whatever, right? It's still a good series.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah. I can't think of any loose ends or anything to add to it.

It's probably good that it's over now. Netflix can now focus on another video-game-based anime and Capcom might actually do something again with the Castlevania series.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pathospades View Post
    Yeah. I can't think of any loose ends or anything to add to it.

Unless you want to see Dracula and his wife settle down to a typical middle class existence. (Dracula, dear! Did you fix that leak in the sink like I asked you to do?

Actually, I'm glad things worked out for them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information