AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Otaku who appear in anime

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Otaku who appear in anime

I was just watching Outbreak company, a series about a NEET kid in Japan who is brought in on a project when the government discovers a portal to a fantasy world. His job is to teach the people in this world of wizards and dragons all about Otaku Culture.

So what other animes do you know where the people in them are fans of anime and other otaku things? Where they show off their manga, dolls/action figures, and geek out?

Examples include: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Genshiken, Macademi Wasshoi, Comic Party, Cosplay Complex, Twin Tails, Melancholy of Haruhi, Nerima Daikon Brothers, Excel Saga,

For those who aren't sure what qualifies as an otaku http://www.tapanime.com/humor/otakuif/

For those who know all too well http://www.tapanime.com/humor/general/deotaku.php

you know you watch too much anime when...
    ...you can speak intelligently in Japanese about spirits, demons, war, death, tournaments, magic, and profoundly soppy love affairs, but the prospect of buying a movie ticket leaves you tongue-tied.

..."hai," "baka," and "hentai" come to your lips so easily that sometimes you have difficulty remembering what the English words are.

...none of your friends study Japanese, but thanks to you, they all have 50-word vocabularies.

...and if they used them in front of their moms, they'd get their mouths washed out with soap.

...you go native, to the point of buying Japanese rice in 20-pound bags and clearing all of the furniture out of your living room so you can sit on the floor.

...it's 3 am, and you and your best friend are on the brink of a fistfight over whether Ranma-chan or Ranma-kun is cuter.

...you have a Ranma outfit.

...and so does your significant other.

...you're keeping an eye on your little sister for signs of slacking off during school, making eyes at the school's only bishonen, and disappearing suspiciously often for "slumber parties," because if she becomes a magic girl, you want in on the action.

...your friends stage an intervention.

...but only because they want your tapes.

...some poor ex-mugger still hears the words "LEKKA SHINEN!" in his nightmares.

...you never bothered getting your new apartment hooked up to cable, and even Babylon 5 is a take-it-or-leave-it thing... but anyone who gets in the way of your mission to get the next Slayers volume is dead.

...only, if you'd written the last sentence, you would have worded it, ``Anyone who gets in my way isNakago.''

...you've contemplated growing your hair long so that you can put it up in dumplings.

...and you're a guy.

...you feel like less of a woman because you can't put away 5,000 calories in one sitting.

...you're despondent because your chances to become an anime heroine are completely shot--you can cook.

...you refer to 21 as "over the hill," and get more depressed the closer that day comes; you're not ready to join the forces of evil, dammit!

...it's not a bad hair day, it's a Zelgadis hair day.

...your parents draw you aside and ask you whether you're a Satanist, since all of those symbols you practice drawing in your notebooks look awfully suspicious to them.

...your kids think that cartoons are supposed to have writing at the bottom.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 05-12-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2022 03:44 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Otaku who appear in anime

Denpa Kyoshi and Gate are two series that have similar elements. They're pretty enjoyable if I may say so

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

The protagonist of Welcome to the NHK. He's a programmer, a NEET, a loner afraid to leave his apartment, among other things.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

You could try checking out Genshiken. I think my favorite of the series would be Genshiken: Nidaime. It might feel like it drags sometimes, but when you find "that" character you like, it's quite nice to watch.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashī features a few otaku people... at work. Quite out of context. Either way, I believe there are lots of them in different series. NEETs are quite popular in Japan, and of course, in anime and manga, as a form of escapism from daily life. I would say most of isekai protagonists tend to be NEETs or hikikomori, after all.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xieshunnuan View Post
    You could try checking out Genshiken. I think my favorite of the series would be Genshiken: Nidaime. It might feel like it drags sometimes, but when you find "that" character you like, it's quite nice to watch.
    I watch most of the first season of Genshiken. I didn't care for it. I don't remember exactly why, as it was years ago. Maybe the characters were not that interesting. I seem to remember the main female character was particularly unlikable.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xieshunnuan View Post
    Genshiken not only stars otaku, thy produced 3 episodes of a nonexistent series, then made the series real... though I liked the original version better and would have liked to see that.

At the end of Golden Boy he gathers the cat to help make an anime.

Erika and Walker in Durarara

Gravity Falls

Bakemonpogatari makes a LOT of anime references

Female Otaku are out there... even Sailor Moon was a fan of Sailor Venus
    https://www.fandomspot.com/otaku-gamer-girls-in-anime/
    https://aminoapps.com/c/anime/page/b...ngvK4loqdEDd1b

Last edited by Clayton_n; 05-14-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member pathospades is on a distinguished road pathospades's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2021 06:03 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    The protagonist of Welcome to the NHK. He's a programmer, a NEET, a loner afraid to leave his apartment, among other things.

youtube
    He's not a programmer. He's a talentless person who went to school for... something. I do know that he put some effort as some sort of story-writer.

---

But yeah, Lucky Star is a straight-up otaku slice of life.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yugioh, Digmon, and the card based animes are pretty much gimmes.

SGT frog

Bamboo Blade

megas XLR...

good Luck Girl

FLCL

What else ya got?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 05-14-2021 at 04:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information