AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kanojo, Okarishimasu

Member pathospades is on a distinguished road pathospades's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2021 06:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Kanojo, Okarishimasu

MyAnimeList Summary:

azuya Kinoshita is a 20-year-old college student who has a wonderful girlfriend: the bright and sunny Mami Nanami. But suddenly, he doesn't. Without warning, Mami breaks up with him, leaving him utterly heartbroken and lonely. Seeking to soothe the pain, he hires a rental girlfriend through an online app. His partner is Chizuru Mizuhara, who through her unparalleled beauty and cute demeanor, manages to gain Kazuya's affection.

But after reading similar experiences other customers had had with Chizuru, Kazuya believes her warm smile and caring personality were all just an act to toy with his heart, and he rates her poorly. Aggravated, Chizuru lambastes him for his shameless hypocrisy, revealing her true pert and hot-tempered self. This one-sided exchange is cut short, however, when Kazuya finds out that his grandmother has collapsed.

They dash toward the hospital and find Kazuya's grandmother already in good condition. Baffled by Chizuru's presence, she asks who this girl might be. On impulse, Kazuya promptly declares that they are lovers, forcing Chizuru to play the part. But with Kazuya still hung up on his previous relationship with Mami, how long can this difficult client and reluctant rental girlfriend keep up their act?
    Has anyone seen this anime? This one made it to my all-time favorites, but as it revolves around the controversial "rental girlfriends", I think it's harder to discuss it with a younger audience.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2024 06:40 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Kanojo, Okarishimasu

A guy rents a girlfriend. It's not a new concept. I remember "Can't Buy Me Love" and "Pretty Woman". There's actually a book that was just released called "She Drives Me Crazy" which was pretty good in this genre.

Usually it ends with them getting found out but falling in love anyway.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    A guy rents a girlfriend. It's not a new concept. I remember "Can't Buy Me Love" and "Pretty Woman". There's actually a book that was just released called "She Drives Me Crazy" which was pretty good in this genre.

Usually it ends with them getting found out but falling in love anyway.
    ...You're right. They did fall in love. And it's a triangle/square/hexagon.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

When you enter a shoujo plot, you should know where you are putting your foot in. Anime does have a lot of stereotypes but... well, it is up to you to decide if you enjoy them or if you would go with more innovation. I watched it, enjoyed it. And for once, thanked it had become more or less popular, because I had missed it at first.

It might sound strange out of the country, but in Japan you can actually rent partners... and it is fine. I even believe a new program started with this manga, where you can live up the experience yourself. A wonderful country, huh?

Predictable? Maybe, like a lot of romances out there. Doesn't mean I didn't press play and enjoyed it while hugging my pillow. 100% recommended here, if you do enjoy romance, that's it!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pathospades View Post
    ...You're right. They did fall in love. And it's a triangle/square/hexagon.

Tenchi just officially married all the girls in OVA five. An strangely even Ryoko was okay with it.

https://anime.astronerdboy.com/2021/...pisode-05.html
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 05-17-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post

Tenchi just officially married all the girls in OVA five. And strangely even Ryoko was okay with it.

https://anime.astronerdboy.com/2021/...pisode-05.html
    That's a really old anime... it was one of the first anime I've seen and I didn't even know the term "anime" back then.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pathospades View Post
    That's a really old anime... it was one of the first anime I've seen and I didn't even know the term "anime" back then.
    It's still going. https://anime.astronerdboy.com/2020/...pisode-04.html

https://anime.astronerdboy.com/wp-co...nchi-Harem.jpg

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information