AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gordon Parks

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Smile Gordon Parks

Growing up in rural Kansas, Parks was told by his teachers that going to college was out of the question for any black kid. Many years later, this 20th century Renaissance man received honorary degrees from many universities in recognition of his artistic achievements. Parks started off as a fashion photographer, or rather fell into the job. He would go on to photograph subjects ranging from movie stars to street people.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Member pathospades is on a distinguished road pathospades's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2021 06:03 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Gordon Parks

Those are some good photos. I really like the lighting with the family and the window.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Gordon Parks

Parks' American Gothic, the one of the cleaning woman, taken at the Lincoln Memorial, is arguably his most famous photo.

I wanted to post a portrait he did of his uncle, but all the images I could find were too bit to post here. The interesting thing about that photo is the flow of movement. No matter what you look at, your eyes always move back to the uncle's hand.

Parks also wrote books, and directed a few movies. I recommend watching The Learning Tree.

I hope some day to visit the Gordon Parks Museum located in his hometown of Fort Scott, Kansas.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information