AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Science Experiments

Senior Member Jiang Jin is infamous around these parts Jiang Jin is infamous around these parts Jiang Jin's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2023 06:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My Science Experiments

Machines that I built for science experiments. I entered these machines into science fairs and won every single one.

Below is a Microbial Fuel Cell, this is a device that generates electricity using decomposing organic waste. It works by using the electrochemical reactions of the decomposing waste to discharge electrons. Bacteria with electrochemically active redox proteins such as cytochromes on their outer membrane transfer electrons directly to an electron donor called the anode which discharges the excess electrons to an electron acceptor called the cathode, generating a flow of electricity.

A Water Jet, this is a propulsion system for water transport that works by using motor driven turbines to compress water into a nozzle in order to pressurize it and produce thrust. The 1st vehicles to use water jet propulsion are the Trafalgar Class Stealth Submarines used by the British Navy since 1983. Because the water is concentrated into a jet, the noise signature of the water jet is lower than a propeller and this makes the submarine harder to detect using sonar. The next vehicle to be propelled by water jets is the Sea Fighter used by the US Navy since 2003, the use of a Small Waterline Area Twin Hull design to reduce hydrodynamic drag along with the thrust produced by the water jets allows the Sea Fighter to reach a top speed of 102km/h.

Last edited by Jiang Jin; 12-23-2023 at 02:18 PM.

2. Dislikes PictureGuy disliked this post
    Senior Member Jiang Jin is infamous around these parts Jiang Jin is infamous around these parts Jiang Jin's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: My Science Experiments

A Water Filter, it works by using stones and sediment to block dirt and other particulates from water in order to purify it.

Last edited by Jiang Jin; 12-23-2023 at 02:18 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A Vertical Axis Wind Turbine, it works by letting the force of incoming wind push the turbine blades in order to rotate a permanent magnet DC generator. This type of generator works by using the input mechanical energy to turn a permanent magnet which induces an electrical current in an inductor surrounding the magnet by using the rotating magnetic field to attract the electrons in the inductor and force them to move around the coil, generating a flow of electricity.

Last edited by Jiang Jin; 12-23-2023 at 02:19 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A front view of a step-up transformer, this is a device that steps-up the voltage of an alternating current. When current is alternating, the acceleration and decceleration of the electrons in the wire causes the photons surrounding the electrons to accelerate and deccelerate back and forth because of their attraction to the electrons and this becomes what is known as radiation. When the AC is run into an inductor, it causes the radiation of become focused because of the rotation of the electrons being aligned in the coiled wire, causing it to generate circulating lines of photons known as a magnetic field, and since the current is intermittent, the magnetic field oscillates, causing intense radiation to be emitted in all directions. The radiation is then absorbed by placing a second inductor in the presence of the primary inductor, causing the electrons in the secondary inductor to be attracted to the radiation and move in the same direction that the radiation moves. To amplify the voltage, the number of turns in the secondary inductors is increased to multiply the forces exerted by the moving electrons and add them up, causing the voltage to increase.

Last edited by Jiang Jin; 12-23-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*Puts a foot forward quietly*

Cool stuff.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier< View Post
    *Puts a foot forward quietly*

Cool stuff.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Jiang Jin; 11-18-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're welcome!!
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A rear view of the same step-up transformer:

Last edited by Jiang Jin; 12-23-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A thermoelectric generator, it works by using a source of heat to induce an electrical current in junctions of dissimilar metals called thermocouples to absorb the heat and generate electricity. When the heat makes contact with the thermocouples, the heat causes the electrons in the thermocouples' atoms to move through the circuit with the positive junction containing an excess of electrons and emitting it and the negative junction containing a deficiency of electrons, enabling it to absorb the excess electrons from the positive junction, and when the negative junction gets full, it discharges the excess electrons to the adjacent positive junction of another thermocouple instead of sending it back to its own positive junction because its connection is facing the source of heat which repels the electrons to the connection with the adjacent thermocouple which is not facing the heat source, generating a flow of electrical current which is stopped only when the heat source is removed and the excess electrons have returned back to the positive junctions. In this configuration, the thermoelectric generator uses a gas burner as the heat source.

Last edited by Jiang Jin; 12-23-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Don't give up. Remember Edison invented radio trying to talk to the dead.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Jiang Jin; 11-18-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Member Kay_Bur is on a distinguished road Kay_Bur's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2021 04:32 AM
    Threads

You are absolutely right! After all, always the discoverers of something before making this discovery were considered nuts who were wasting their time. Of course, in 2021, inventing something new is much more difficult, because there are already many incredible things, the principle of which is incomprehensible to many.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In this other configuration, the thermoelectric generator uses solar radiation as the heat source, allowing it to function as a solar panel.

Last edited by Jiang Jin; 12-23-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

An automatic ID scanning sentry, it works by using a barcode scanner to scan the IDs. When the laser light from the barcode scanner touches the barcode, the light bounces off the surface and into a receiver in the scanner that converts the light into electricity using photoelectric materials. The signal generated in the process is converted into a digital signal using an analog to digital converter before sending it to the microprocessor that is running an ID scanner program. The program compares the input data to a list of codes in a database and if the input code is found in the database, the program sends a signal to the sentry to open and if not, the sentry remains closed and an error message appears stating that the ID is invalid.

Last edited by Jiang Jin; 11-18-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Note: Silver wire might give you more of a charge.

If you get this thing right, how do you plan to abuse it?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Note: Silver wire might give you more of a charge.

If you get this thing right, how do you plan to abuse it?
    It is true, silver has the highest electrical conductivity among all the elements but it is more expensive than copper.

Gold actually has less electrical conductivity than copper and it is more expensive, but it can resist high temperatures, oxidization, and erosion.

However, a process for creating gold identical copper by bombarding the copper with argon ions was invented by Sun Jian in 2018.

The gold identical copper has all the properties of gold, except its density.

This breakthrough will pave the way for very long lasting electronic devices that have the aforementioned durability of gold.

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/gold...terial-2018-12
    Last edited by Jiang Jin; 11-28-2022 at 12:07 AM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And now you see why alchemy is still so popular.

you didn't answer the question. How to you intend to abuse your device when it works? For example I wanted to do something like a car inverter only that would plug into the wall to take up as much energy as say a box fan to produce enough to run say a space heater or stove. The ide3a being that i would have a lower electric bill, get insanely rich, and quickly bankrupt many power companies. Another one was putting lie detetor sensores on the backs of ell phones for dating and parenting purposes.
    sadly neither have worked out quite yet.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And now you see why alchemy is still so popular.

you didn't answer the question. How to you intend to abuse your device when it works? For example I wanted to do something like a car inverter only that would plug into the wall to take up as much energy as say a box fan to produce enough to run say a space heater or stove. The ide3a being that i would have a lower electric bill, get insanely rich, and quickly bankrupt many power companies. Another one was putting lie detetor sensores on the backs of ell phones for dating and parenting purposes.
    sadly neither have worked out quite yet.
    The energy wasted through resistive heating is low because copper is a very good conductor of electricity. However, the use of gold identical copper on electrical devices would shrink electronics even further because the high temperature resistance of this material would allow for narrower wires to be used without causing the wires to overheat and explode because of resistive heating.

This would increase the durability, specific power density, processing power, and memory capacity of electronics while also reducing cost.
    Last edited by Jiang Jin; 11-28-2022 at 12:12 AM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Silver might work better...

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Silver might work better...

It is too expensive, and this new material has almost all the properties of gold including its resistance to high temperatures, oxidization, and erosion.
    Last edited by Jiang Jin; 11-28-2022 at 12:17 AM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm just trying to cut down my electric bill and if possible bankrupt the power industry

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm just trying to cut down my electric bill and if possible bankrupt the power industry

You can with the new material I mentioned.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't have the skills or resources to actually build it. Can you?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information