I wasn’t sure what I was watching until I did some on-line research after viewing Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan. This OVA has four chapters, all but one chapter number exceeds four. Were these chapters in a manga or perhaps part of a longer series? From my research I learned that this OVA is a spinoff from Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure. I did watch the first season of Jojo, and was not too impressed. This short OVA spinoff is better.

Manga artist Rohan Kishibe keeps court at a café, where he regales friends with stories of the macabre and supernatural. What I like about this series is that they are pretty good stories – dark, bloody, and gory, so not for young children.

The artwork is pretty good, but the animation is often third rate. Except for the action sequences, it does not look like the animators made much of an effort.

But as I said, they are good stories. If this had been a longer anime, I probably would have tired of it. But with only four episodes, Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan maintains its entertainment value.