AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yashahime

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Yashahime

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
    She WAS 18 when she went back permanently. She got stuck in her era for three years, was able to go through and complete high school, and what's 3+15? 18!! So there you are.
    I meant all the demons and half-demons. Why aren't they alive?

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    ^ Never mind that. Remember that demons, including half demons, age a lot slower than humans. Can you imagine Kagome and Inuyasha together 40 or 50 years from now?

Sure., Just stuff her soul in a clay pot and have her eat other people's souls. Worked pretty well last time.
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-08-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RZ. View Post
    Yes, I agree. My main gripe is with the fact I didn't see a relationship, but having kids/getting married at 15 in a medieval setting is really not surprising, especially when there's precedent for it in the show already!
    Especially when you consider that in a medieval setting they would be dead by the age of 20, or at least 25 or 30, from plague or whatever. Girls in those days had to start child bearing early, or else the race would die out.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

3. Likes RZ. liked this post
    Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Especially when you consider that in a medieval setting they would be dead by the age of 20, or at least 25 or 30, from plague or whatever. Girls in those days had to start child bearing early, or else the race would die out.

It wasn't so much about the "race" as it was about maintaing the capacity to produce able-bodied laborers. Late medieval/early-early modern peasant families had about 5-6 children on average, usually aiming for a mixture of boys and girls. The males would become agricultural laborers or, if they were lucky, servants/warriors for the local lords. The females would take up most of the domestic labor, and also serve as a mean of reproducing the next generation of laborers and child bearers. Funnily enough, from this perspective, Inuyasha severely underestimates the number of children! Anyone birthing two twin girls would certainly be trying again for male offspring. I suppose Sango and Mirokou were at least trying to get there lol. It's funny that we never see any families with more than 3-4 children throughout all of Inuyasha when families with 10-12 children would've been pretty common, from parents whose mothers wouldn't have been much older than their early 20s.

I'm well aware it's just an old TV show btw, I just like History

5. Likes Tsundere Magus liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

For the same reason farm families in the US during the Great Depression also had large families. It was cheaper than hiring workers and money was short.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

I'm only two episodes in (Toonami), but it seems to focus on Sesshomaru's girls more even though the title led me to think it's about Inuyasha and Kagome's daughter. I'll have to change that way of thinking real quick. Towa is for sure the tomboy of the series and I rather like her style. I love that they brought back the bone eater demon again just like in the first episodes of the original series. I hope it goes well and turns into another epic saga like its predecessor.
    Last edited by CapnJack; 07-10-2021 at 10:20 PM.

8. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've watched the first 14 episodes on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Toonami. So far, not bad. It is entertaining. Although I wonder why they make Moroha such a joke. You would think Inuyasha's daughter would be emphasized more and perform more heroics than Sesshomaru's daughters. Moroha is basically useless.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Any chance of a yuri relationship?

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I watched the Season 2 trailer. Interesting. By the way, it got an English dub? When did that happen?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier::. View Post
    I watched the Season 2 trailer. Interesting. By the way, it got an English dub? When did that happen?
    Probably just before it came to Adult Swim Toonami.

13. Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Honestly where are al the demons in the modern times? That mask with the shikon jewel fragment was in kagome's attic. Inuyasha spent 50 years pinned to a tree. Gods know how old Miyoga is. Sesshomaru, his mom... you'd think some of them would be around to check on the kids when they popped out of the well 500 years in the future.

Why aren't any of them around NOW?!

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-27-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Junior Member GordonnotRamsay is on a distinguished road GordonnotRamsay's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2023 01:58 AM
    Threads

Takahashi's creations never disappoint! I have always been a big fan of this show. I am also super fan of bcgame sports lately. I want to try betting on more sports in the future.

17. Thanks Digimon_Sommelier thanked for this post
    Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by GordonnotRamsay View Post
    Takahashi's creations never disappoint! I have always been a big fan of this show. I am also super fan of bcgame sports lately. I want to try betting on more sports in the future.
    'cept the only thing Takahashi did for Hanyou no Yashahime was design the girls. She didn't have anything to do with the rest of it. :<
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim/Toonami had the first two seasons. Not bad. What's holding up season 3?

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cartoon Network's Adult Swim/Toonami had the first two seasons. Not bad. What's holding up season 3?
    You like the English dub? Hooray, maybe I can catch it sometime. I mean, I'm paying a chunk for cable. Might as well!!

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

It's over. oxo There were and are only 2 seasons. No more are being made. If you want more---and a highly different and (most people tend to agree) better take you can start reading the manga that's being adapted from it and is still ongoing~

...Clear...

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is Inuyasha himself active in this spin-off? Or does he take a backseat a la the original chosen ones from Digimon: Digital Monsters in Season 2?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gōruden View Post
    Is Inuyasha himself active in this spin-off? Or does he take a backseat a la the original chosen ones from Digimon: Digital Monsters in Season 2?
    I'm pretty sure most if not all the parents are dead. otherwise like Sesshomaru would have been alive NOW.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    I'm pretty sure most if not all the parents are dead. otherwise like Sesshomaru would have been alive NOW.
    They aren't dead...just MIA for most of it. There is a reason---but it's really poorly thought out.

...Clear...

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think Rumiko Takahashi would've burnt herself out writing the manga and anime simultaneously. Say... is the manga Rin-Ne still going?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You like the English dub? Hooray, maybe I can catch it sometime. I mean, I'm paying a chunk for cable. Might as well!!
    Toonami does not do reruns, and you probably should watch seasons 1 and 2 before/if season 3 comes available. Do you have On-Demand? Then you probably can find those seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
    It's over. oxo There were and are only 2 seasons. No more are being made. If you want more---and a highly different and (most people tend to agree) better take you can start reading the manga that's being adapted from it and is still ongoing~
    Not quite done: https://ecthehub.com/2023/04/20/yash...-release-date/

No word on if Cartoon Network/Toonami will pick it up.

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@PictureGuy : You may have to trust @Kagome when she says Season 3 is not happening. Case and point: at the link you provided, it stated - "The creators, on the other hand, have not yet made any announcements regarding Yashahime Season 3 and when it will be released."

28. Thanks Kagome thanked for this post
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I think Rumiko Takahashi would've burnt herself out writing the manga and anime simultaneously. Say... is the manga Rin-Ne still going?
    No, Rinne has been over for a while now. Takahashi-sensei ended that at book 40.
    She's been working on a new series that actually trumps Inuyasha in its storyline, believe it or not, xD Since 2019. It's called Mao. There are already 196 chapters of it and 17 tankoubon. (manga). No anime as yet though. However, tbf-I think that's a good thing. I believe they should hold off making an anime adaptation until the story is closer to completion. But that's my opinion heh.

...Clear...

Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, I already know about M.A.O. No anime? *Gets popcorn ready* I'll wait until the manga's storyline is deep enough for one. Takahashi's prolific, like meeeee!! lol
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 08-21-2023 at 03:53 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@PictureGuy : You may have to trust @Kagome when she says Season 3 is not happening. Case and point: at the link you provided, it stated - "The creators, on the other hand, have not yet made any announcements regarding Yashahime Season 3 and when it will be released."
    But the creators did not say it won't be released. There are several sources talking about a season 3, but details are being held tight. We shall see.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information