AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yashahime

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2024 05:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Yashahime

Ohhkayyyyy... I can see that ya' really like Yashahime, so I won't cast doubt/dissent any further. Peace out for now!! lol
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

The Digital Burst::. is Online at: http://thedigitalburstlife.proboards.com

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2024 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    But the creators did not say it won't be released. There are several sources talking about a season 3, but details are being held tight. We shall see.
    Gods I HOPE not. The HNY anime is terrible. The anime has NO plot to speak of, not even in episodic terms. It makes no fudging sense, the girls have super bland personalities and are OP from the start-and there’s very little in the way of character growth, i.e. none at all. It rips off and rehashes a ton from the original IY series, and it can’t even follow its own animated canon from the filler episodes of the Inuyasha anime. Its villains are–pointless and are impossible to get invested in….It draws upon the Inu no Taishou as the main center trope reason for everything happening. Like really? Talk about an overused reason. Couldn’t Kirinmaru and Zero be all about Sesshoumaru? That would have made it a tad more compelling. And made the whole thing make more sense.

And It’s also trying to force us to care about Towa’s predicament and pain—but it’s like I’m sorry she let go of Setsuna’s hand when she was four. Sad thing that Setsuna forgot about her for 10 years. But seriously? That’s ALL that happened to her! Others we could name have had it a lot worse. This's all my opinion granted---but yea, no. I hope to the gods that Sumisawa's animated fanfiction is done. Forever. lol.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

3. Thanks Digimon_Sommelier thanked for this post
    Likes Digimon_Sommelier liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2024 08:36 PM
    Threads

Yashahime is not one of my favorites, but it is better than other series on Toonami right now. Those series I watched at the beginning, but have since grown tired of. I can't watch Dr. Stone anymore. The same with My Hero Academia.

Gretta Garbo
    Photographed by
    George Hurrell

5. Thanks Digimon_Sommelier thanked for this post
    Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
    Gods I HOPE not. The HNY anime is terrible. The anime has NO plot to speak of, not even in episodic terms. It makes no fudging sense, the girls have super bland personalities and are OP from the start-and there’s very little in the way of character growth, i.e. none at all. It rips off and rehashes a ton from the original IY series, and it can’t even follow its own animated canon from the filler episodes of the Inuyasha anime. Its villains are–pointless and are impossible to get invested in….It draws upon the Inu no Taishou as the main center trope reason for everything happening. Like really? Talk about an overused reason. Couldn’t Kirinmaru and Zero be all about Sesshoumaru? That would have made it a tad more compelling. And made the whole thing make more sense.

And It’s also trying to force us to care about Towa’s predicament and pain—but it’s like I’m sorry she let go of Setsuna’s hand when she was four. Sad thing that Setsuna forgot about her for 10 years. But seriously? That’s ALL that happened to her! Others we could name have had it a lot worse. This's all my opinion granted---but yea, no. I hope to the gods that Sumisawa's animated fanfiction is done. Forever. lol.
    We like what we like. That's what makes anime fans different. Nevertheless, you're the expert, K! --3

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2024 08:05 PM
    Threads

Why are none of these demons still alive in the present?

I mean I get Sesshomaru heading to another dimension or something before having to explain to his kids how he treated his brother for being half demon...man what a hypocrite...

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love Yashahime's character designs.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Digimon_Sommelier View Post
    I love Yashahime's character designs.
    Rumiko Takahashi does the same sort of design in all of her anime.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

But it's so . . . so . . . what's the word?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Are they doing season 3? How's the manga going?

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Are they doing season 3? How's the manga going?
    No. Two seasons is all there'll be. (thank the gods....<.<)
    The manga is still going, though I believe it'll be nearing its conclusion soon. It's up to chapter 32 atm. And it also has its own problems-but it is rather better than the dumpster fire of an anime.

...Clear...

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No. Two seasons is all there'll be. (thank the gods....<.<)
    The manga is still going, though I believe it'll be nearing its conclusion soon. It's up to chapter 32 atm. And it also has its own problems-but it is rather better than the dumpster fire of an anime.
    HAHAH! Remember when we thought Inuyasha was "done"?

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind seeing Yashahime. I do recognize that some, like @Kagome , find its anime to be a dud.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wouldn't mind seeing Yashahime. I do recognize that some, like @Kagome , find its anime to be a dud.
    Seasons 1 and 2 were shown on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim/Toonami. No word on season 3.

Gretta Garbo
    Photographed by
    George Hurrell

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Seasons 1 and 2 were shown on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim/Toonami. No word on season 3.

Season 3 isn't coming.
    Two seasons is all 'she' wrote for HNY. That's it.

...Clear...

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Does anyone want them to remake Yashahime and do it justice in the future? Perhaps have Rumiko Takahashi write the story next time?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Does anyone want them to remake Yashahime and do it justice in the future? Perhaps have Rumiko Takahashi write the story next time?
    Did you read the manga?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

font=palatino linotype]Season 3 isn't coming.
    Two seasons is all 'she' wrote for HNY. That's it.[/font]
    And they left us dangling with unresolved plot lines? Well, they won't be the first anime to do that. Have you ever seen Deadman Wonderland?

Gretta Garbo
    Photographed by
    George Hurrell

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Did you read the manga?
    I was talking specifically about the anime.

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

And they left us dangling with unresolved plot lines? Well, they won't be the first anime to do that. Have you ever seen Deadman Wonderland?

What plotlines?
    The only SEMI plotlines that they had was defeat the star spirit/Kirinmaru and get the parents back.
    And they did that. In the 2 seasons.

...Clear...

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What plotlines?
    The only SEMI plotlines that they had was defeat the star spirit/Kirinmaru and get the parents back.
    And they did that. In the 2 seasons.
    If there was a third season (which you adamantly believe there won't be), what changes would you like to be made to the anime, if any, and which direction would you want it to go in? What would make you reconsider?

Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If there was a third season (which you adamantly believe there won't be), what changes would you like to be made to the anime, if any, and which direction would you want it to go in? What would make you reconsider?

That's a good question... Well, the Sumisawa (the fantard behind the series) already tried to retcon Rin's age in the second season--
    But, Uhm...lessee...TBF, I'd go for a total reboot where Sumisawa wasn't the lead on it, and the parents weren't taken away for 13 years of the kids lives rather than a 3rd season. BUT if all I had was a 3rd season. I'd make it so that Moroha Inu and Kags can go back to the modern era and visit Kags' fam, and maybe make the next villain have NOTHING to do with the Inu no Taishou--and have him be some powerful jack @$$ that Sesshoumaru pissed off instead. Cause the baddies trickling down from Tai is an over used trope. lol

...Clear...

24. Thanks Digimon_Sommelier thanked for this post
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You should write for Yashahime. I'm a peppered anime writer circa 2003. I'd grant your wishes. But alas, a rich billionaire blackballed my career since 2013. I was on the edge of glory until I was sabotaged by a media predator. I still believe in my career, though. I also still love the artform that is anime. Hearing your thoughts on one of the greats cheers me up. You deserve an anime that delivers, shot for shot. Not a perfect anime. An excellent one that mostly satisfies.
    Last edited by Digimon_Sommelier; 06-23-2024 at 01:56 PM.

26. Thanks Kagome thanked for this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

For a third season, how about a torrid love affair between Towa and Riku?

Gretta Garbo
    Photographed by
    George Hurrell

28. Thanks Digimon_Sommelier thanked for this post
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For a third season, how about a torrid love affair between Towa and Riku?
    Thank you for your input and intrigue. A Season 3 possibility seems like it would require an overhaul of storytelling and a makeover. I'm not hearing too many complaints about the character designs or the animation. Just the lack of plot establishment/progression and basically-avoided faithfulness to the manga. I'm trying to see both sides. Fans are divided. Is this a good sequel, or a prolonged flop? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm still curious why none of them seem to be alive in modern times. I mean do they all die? Or are they just staying away from time travelers?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information