AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anime Genius Characters

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb Anime Genius Characters

We all like to talk about the dumbest characters in anime. I think we had a thread on that a while back, but it’s gone now. I thought of reviving it, but then I thought, “What about all the anime characters with real brains? Let’s give them some recognition.”

So here is my list, in no particular order, of genius anime characters.

Senkuu from Doctor Stone. Imagine yourself suddenly waking up in the distant future where civilization has disappeared, and survivors are living in a new Stone Age. Senkuu adapts using science. He creates a battery, invents a cell phone, but no flush toilet yet?

L, Light, and Near from Death Note. I had to mention all three. L is the greatest detective of all time, but he is outwitted by Light. So I guess Light is the true genius of this series. Except that Near outwits Light, and Near is just a kid. So Near is the real genius. Scary.

Satou from Ajin: Demi-Human. Now here is a real evil genius. The immortal Mr. Satou has his battle plans well laid out in his war to destroy humanity. No one can stop him. Fellow Ajin, the teenaged Kai, however, will try to bring him down.

Lelouch from Code Geass. Exiled royal prince Lelouch seeks revenge on his family, taking on the identity of Zero and leading a force of rebels. His thinking keeps him one step ahead of his enemies, and when things go wrong, he finds a way to take advantage of his defeats. A true tactical genius!

Okabe from Steins;Gate. Doing a little research to help me come up with ideas, and to refresh my memory with anime long past seeing, it is Karisu who most list as the genius of Steins;Gate. She does have the degrees, reputation, and years of publications. But Okabe, a self-described mad scientist, has had more success on the applicable level. He actually breaks the time barrier, though he might not totally understand how, and leads the way to thwarting the villains.

Taichi Keaton from Master Keaton. He’s a college professor, an archeologist, an expert on ancient civilizations, and a detective. Did I mentions he is also a former SAS agent? As the trailer stated, Keaton is “a jack of all trades, and master of them all.” Between his sharp eye and intellect, he is well suited for whatever situation he finds himself in.

Edward from Cowboy Bebop. You wouldn’t know to look at her, but Edward is part of the Bebop brain trust -- though no one else really thinks of her that way. She is an expert computer wiz/hacker, and her childish ways do tend to hide the fact that she is aware of more than what she lets on. The crew rely on her skills more often than they probably admit.

Johan from Monster. Quiet, unassuming Johan is another evil genius. He lives to kill, though he seems to prefer having others do his dirty work for him. Johan is playing a deadly game, and he plays it well, outsmarting his foes as he seeks additional victims. As Johan hunts future victims, he himself is hunted by Dr. Kenzo Tenma, a brilliant surgeon who once saved Johan’s life and is now framed for Johan’s murders. And Tenma is hunted by Police Inspector Lunge.

Laurent from Great Pretender. French born con-man Laurent only sets his sights on wealthy criminals and low lives. It gets pretty dangerous, but Laurent always has a way to come out ahead. His protégé, and series main character, Edamura has a hard time keeping up. Maybe.

O-Ei from Miss Hokusai. This movie was based on an actual 19th Century family of artists. O-Ei is not just talented, but a genius who develops her talent over the course of the film, but still remains in the shadow of her more famous father.

You got any?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Anime Genius Characters

Aizen
    Izaya Orihara
    Kabuto Yakashi
    Ciel Phantomhive
    Frank (one Piece)
    LelOuch
    Franklyn Stein
    Washu Hakubi
    Mayuri Kurotsuchi
    Kurama
    Bulma

Last edited by Clayton_n; 03-15-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

In Dr. Stone, Senku brings science to the Stone Age, and he makes a pair of glasses.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Death Note, two of the greatest minds in anime history, Light and L, go head to head:

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    From Death Note, two of the greatest minds in anime history, Light and L, go head to head:
    Light was a freakin' moron! How do you get caught with a magic notebook? If he hadn't started killing cops they could have video taped him writing in the damn thing and with that secret drawer of his he was FINE!

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wouldn't say that about Light.

He did outsmart L, although Near did win the battle of the brains.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I can't find any good videos of Satou, the evil genius of Ajin: Demi-Human. At least none in English or with English subs which I haven't posted already. I want something new, so I will just post the trailer:

Season 3 may be out this year. Personally, I thought the season 2 finale was a perfect ending for the series.

Senior Member sirius707 can only hope to improve sirius707's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2023 04:20 AM
    Threads

well kurama of course hehe

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Code Geass, Lelouch is one step ahead of this enemies:

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Bulma

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I wouldn't say that about Light.

He did outsmart L, although Near did win the battle of the brains.
    No, L outsmarted him and knew it was him the whole time. The only reason he won was because the shinigami helped out. God-mode.

goku constantly beats Vegeta, Piccollo, and who knows who else. Doesn't make him smarter.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-08-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Steins;Gate, Okabe is genius enough to defy the time barrier.

OK, OK. So he needs to do a little growing up -- which he does when things turn dark. But he is still a genius.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Master Keaton, a jack of all trades and the master of them all:

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sailor mercury used to be considered smart...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-12-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Cowboy Bebop, Edward is more than just some goofy kid. She's a computer and electronic wiz who becomes a valuable asset to the crew.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Johan from Monster is a master of psychology. His genius is to manipulate others. Yup, another evil genius, but a genius nevertheless. In this scene, Johan goes drag disguising himself as his twin sister in order to get into his young victim's head.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Great Pretender, Makoto sees himself as a master con artist, but here in a "chance" meeting, he gets schooled by the grandmaster grifter Laurent.

What fun!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Now for some artistic genius, it's the story of O-Ei, a young woman developing her artistic talents, while living under the shadow of her famous father. This is based on a true story.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sakura's pretty smart. I mean she's a magic doctor.

orochimaru however made his own kid and has another genius as his lackey.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-17-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Junior Member erwinthedevil is on a distinguished road erwinthedevil's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:29 AM
    Threads

I think, these are genius characters in anime.
    Lelouch (Code Geass)
    Lawliet (Death Note)
    Light Yagami (Death Note)
    Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
    Shinichi Kudo / Conan Edogawa (Detective Conan)
    Kurapika (Hunter X Hunter)
    Benn Beckman (One Piece)

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just pick a mad scientist. They're everywhere

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Shougo Makishima, from Psycho Pass. Always a step ahead of everything... aside, probably, Kougami.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information