AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob Question: Recommend female gymnast anime or comics - fighting?

Junior Member peggypwr1 is on a distinguished road peggypwr1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2021 01:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Noob Question: Recommend female gymnast anime or comics - fighting?

Hello new to anime. I actually started with Attack on Titan and love the athletics females on there.

Are there any anime movies , show, or comics that feature sexy female gymnasts fighting men?

Can you please link to them if possible?

Thank you.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Noob Question: Recommend female gymnast anime or comics - fighting?

Hello, welcome to the site and to the world of anime!

Your question is quite specific, so my answer might be not the best one, so maybe someone else will complete it. Right now, I can't think of examples of strong gymnasts fighting men in anime, being the focus of the plot. There are LOTS of shows who have a nice female lead group and they fight men, but... not gymnasts. So I will bring some gymnasts shows to see if they are your cup of tea, since that seems to be the focus of your question? At least, that's my perception.

Anyway! Let's list the ones that came to mind right now.
    - Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?
    It is a slice of life that feature girls who go to the gym. Take it as a gym guide to become fit, but it stays in terms with the slice of life concept. They don't really fight men, but... they fight the personal trainer? More like they lose against him! (Seriously, that guy is scary)

- Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls
    The title itself is quite explanatory. This is an anime about sport climbing and a group of girls. They are quite fit, so they might be included well in your description of female athletes. But, just like the first one, it tends to focus on the girls themselves and them playing sports, so... Maybe this example is not the most accurate either?

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Pretty much any that involve a circus.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Some time ago, I watched part of a series called Battle Athletes. It dealt with a school where girls were trained to be top athletes. But as I said, I watched only part of it because it truly sucked azz. You have been warned. Do not watch.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Junior Member peggypwr1 is on a distinguished road peggypwr1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2021 01:21 AM
    Threads

Thank you so much. If you come across new material please let me know!

6. Likes Tsundere Magus liked this post
    Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

I just looked through the review section to refresh my memory. Here are a few series with athletic female characters.

Levius. This series has two female characters who are metal boxers, and very strong ones. But the main character is male.

Dorohedoro. This comedy/action series has plenty of strong, athletic characters who fight to kill. There is no one main character, but rather an ensemble cast. Here two of the female characters face off:

Castlevania also has a mixture of male and female fighters. In season 3, Trevor and Sypha become not only partners, but lovers.

Love, Chunibyo, and other Delusions. Schoolgirl Rikka is a mighty warrior -- at least in her own mind. The fun and games does have a dark side to it, but season one has a happy ending. Season 2 is OK, though unnecessary. But unnecessary only because season 1 has such a satisfying ending.

All can be found on Netflix Streaming.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 02-23-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information