AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Depression

Member Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2022 03:44 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by RZ. View Post
    Came out of a relationship back in February and it was very rough. My ex decided to get with one of my best friends about 2 weeks after we split, which basically forced me to cut off my whole friend group bar one or two. My grandparents were very ill and other members of my family were in a bad mental state too and took it out on me verbally, so it was a lot of stuff all at once. Things settled down eventually and I sort of threw myself into my hobbies. At one point I was spending entire days from 10am to 8pm designing intricate maps for my unwritten fantasy novel which I got rid of in the end because I didn't like them lol.

Now I'm doing a lot better! Life's a rollercoaster.
    Why is it always the best friend? Jesus Christ dude, I'm so sorry you experienced this.

2. Likes RZ. liked this post
    Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Why is it always the best friend? Jesus Christ dude, I'm so sorry you experienced this.

Thankfully it wasn't my BEST friend, just a very close friend. My actual best friend would never have done such a thing. I've had a lot of time to reflect and as painful as the experience was, he's probably come out of it worse off in the long-run. It was a relationship with a lot of problems and she has a lot of mental health problems, which caused me (and no doubt her past and future partners too) a lot of mental health issues. That's not to say I wasn't without fault myself of course, everyone has a part to play in these matters. I know him though and he's not going to handle them any better than me. I described the whole thing to my friend as her being "someone elses problem now", which indicates how I really felt about the relationship lol
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Sending lots of support to those in trouble during this year 2021.

5. Likes RZ. liked this post
    Member Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip has a reputation beyond repute Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2022 03:44 AM
    Threads

I recommend a youtube channel named Sisyphus 55
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDE...b-C_EaXmRKvP4w
    I found it recently and the videos he makes suit the nature of this thread.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

Some time ago, my doctor prescribed for me an anti-depressant called amitriptyline. No, I was not suffering from depression. Amitriptyline has also been found to be effective in treating -- er, certain symptoms resulting from blood inflammation. All I can tell you is that ever since I've been taking amitriptyline, I can eat a pizza and not get sick. I suppose that is how it works as an anti-depressant. No one is depressed while eating pizza.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Member RZ. is on a distinguished road RZ.'s Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2021 07:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LickleGrimes

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Some time ago, my doctor prescribed for me an anti-depressant called amitriptyline. No, I was not suffering from depression. Amitriptyline has also been found to be effective in treating -- er, certain symptoms resulting from blood inflammation. All I can tell you is that ever since I've been taking amitriptyline, I can eat a pizza and not get sick. I suppose that is how it works as an anti-depressant. No one is depressed while eating pizza.

I know a few people who take that. In thin its commonly prescribed as an anti-depressent here in the UK and seems to work pretty well. I personally try to avoid going on them, at least if I can. So far I've managed it. I started taking Centrum multivitamin tablets in the winter which were surprisingly effective at boosting my mood.
    I have an Anilist now:

https://anilist.co/user/TheRealRZ/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information