AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SSSS Gridman?

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question SSSS Gridman?

Last week, Cartoon Network's Adult Swim/Toonami starting running SSSS Gridman early Sunday mornings. I missed the first two episodes, but I can view them on Xfinity On-Demand, where CN has a channel. But is it worth it? Is the series any good? Has anyone been watching it?

On the one hand, I am following other series and don't really have time to add another to my watch list. But then again, I am getting quite tired of Attack on Titan and Sword Art On-Line: Alicization.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Default Re: SSSS Gridman?

It is a light version of Evangelion. Not even close in terms of dept, but worth the try if you are into mecha anime itself. I must say, the ending surprised me, it is something you do not expect from episode 1, but it starts to give you small hints as you advance. Might not be an anime for everyone, it does still reflect a good number of high school vibe. But again, if you like that, go for it!

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

I was never an Evangelion fan, mainly because I hated all the characters. Mecha anime tend to all be too similar. If it is just a redo of every past anime, I'm not interested. But if there is a new twist, I might give it a look.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

Said they are similar because they both include mechas and try to debate about morals and stuff. Maybe my opinion ended up being quite rushed, because the concepts they try to reach are... different? I am not the best at explaining this kind of stuff, so better reach a conclusion after giving it a try. Both shows try to give a huge impact when you are reaching the end of the story, if that counts. And I would say Evangelion tries to be more... depressive? Well, one thing for sure, Evangelion does have a bigger fandom, so it might be because of something, right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information