AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Develop a Spin-off

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Develop a Spin-off

Time for a new game! Make up your own spin-off.

The rules? Pick a character, any character, from an anime series or movie, and develop a spin-off series or movie around that character. It can be a major or minor character, but not the lead character or protagonist.

Me first.

Franca from Coyote Ragtime Show. This little known anime series is not one of my favorites, but it was entertaining with at least one standout character. Franca is a young teen who runs a bar she inherited from her late father. Her customers are some of the worst dregs in the galaxy, but Franca can more than handle herself. No one gets out of line much, because they all fear Franca. Tough enough to accompany Mister on his quest, I would like to see some of Franca’s own adventures.

Hansel and Gretel from Black Lagoon. These ill-fated cross-dressing homicidal twins are pretty popular with Black Lagoon fans, although they appear in only two episodes. We do get a bit of a backstory, but I want more details! How did these kids become such lethal assassins? A prequel is in order.

Mamimi from FLCL. There have already been two sorry-donkey sequels to FLCL. Pity as the original is an unmatched classic. But I would like to know more about Mamimi and her adventures. We know at the end of FLCL that she leaves town to become a photographer. I would like a series showing exactly what happens on Mamimi’s road to life.

Maybe more later. First, it’s your turn.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Develop a Spin-off

From Black Lagoon, Hansel and Gretel make their first appearance:

Don't you want to see more of these darlings?

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Often perky and cheerful, Mamimi can also be prone to periods of depression. But of all the characters in FLCL, she is the one most deserving of a series of her own. What happens to her after she blows town?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

While I am waiting for season 2 of Dorohedoro, how about a spin-off staring the sweet little half-wit Ebisu? We could start in her younger days when she first gains her powers and end when she makes her appearance in Dorohedoro.

You know, when she's not wearing her skull mask, she makes a pretty cute. . . . Shark?

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2024 10:15 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Digimon Universe: App Monsters is considered a spin-off and it wasn't bad. That stated, I'd be happy to write something better.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Got another one. This one is a prequel to The Great Pretender.

This series would be Abby's backstory. We do get a bit of it in the series, but not much. I am thinking of a series showing in detail how Abby became a jaded con artist, before she meets Laurent.

Abby bares all to trap a mark:

And ignore the last 30 seconds. I have no idea why that's there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information