AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Children of the Sea (2019)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Children of the Sea (2019)

I am not exactly sure of what I just watched. The title is Children of the Sea. It’s the story of Ruka, who over a summer break from school, hangs out at the aquarium where her father works. There she meets two rather odd brothers, Sora and Umi. Born at sea and raised by dugongs, they boys are being studied by scientists supposedly to keep them alive since they are not suitable for being on land. But the reality is they are trying to unravel the mystery of an upcoming birth festival of sea creatures.

Spelled out like that, it really does not sound all that intriguing, but Ruka, Sora, and Umi are captivating characters. You do find yourself concerned about their fate.

Then comes the final 45 minutes or so of the film where things start to get confusing. Maybe it needs a second or third viewing. But how can you not like a movie which is so richly visually stimulating?

Yes, the artwork and animation are amazing. This is candy for your eyes. Stay with the film and you will be treated. And don’t stop watching after the credits. There is a post credit sequence which seems to tie it all together.

Children of the Sea is directed by Ayumo Watanbe. Looking up his credits, I do not see any series or movie I am familiar with, but I hope to see more of his films in the future.

Do you want a visual experience like you have seldom seen? I recommend Children of the Sea.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Junior Member quinndyson is on a distinguished road quinndyson's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2020 02:51 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Children of the Sea (2019)

Okay, got it, I will bookmark it and watch it later. Sounds like worth watching anime series

Member Kay_Bur is on a distinguished road Kay_Bur's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2021 04:32 AM
    Threads

Thanks for the recommendation. Now the weekend is coming, there will be something to see. And then I have already revised what I wanted, and now in search of something new.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by quinndyson View Post
    Okay, got it, I will bookmark it and watch it later. Sounds like worth watching anime series
    It's not a series, but a movie. You can find it on Netflix Streaming, though I am sure others carry it. Certainly if you like a story that is character driven, and you appreciate anime art, go for it!

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information