AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 10 Demon Characters

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Exclamation Top 10 Demon Characters

Here is my Top Ten Demon Characters in Anime.

By demon, I mean any supernatural character who is not a god, and who does not fit into other supernatural categories, such as a vampire or witch.

So from the bottom up:

10. Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I expect a little push back on this one. Evil Kyubey’s origins are a bit of a mystery. It is hinted that he is an extraterrestrial, but his powers indicate a more supernatural being. Don’t ask Kyubey for any favors.

9. Akira Fudo from Devilman: Crybaby. Akira is emotional. He breaks out crying for almost any reason, even after his best friend turns him into a demon. As Devilman, Akira tries to save the world. The key word is “try.”

8. Chrono from Chrono Crusade. Demon Chrono sides with the humans and assists Sister Rosette in hunting down and destroying the evil devils. And Rosette does need help. She is not the brightest bulb in the lamp.

7. Inuyasha from Inuyasha. There are demons many times over in this series which ran for over 100 episodes. But I want to limit my choices to one per series. So I pick the main character. Inuyasha would have placed higher, but as the series got repetitive, I lost interest in the story and the character.

6. Rin from Blue Exorcist. Along with his twin brother, Rin is the son of Satan. He also is sworn to destroy the dark lord. I guess Satan missed one too many little league games or school plays.

5. Nezuko Kamado from Demon Slayer. After surviving a demon attack, young Nezuko becomes a demon herself. But having not tasted human blood, all is not lost. She accompanies her older brother Tanjiro hunting demons and looking for a cure.

4. Sadao Maou aka Satan from The Devil is a Part-Timer. The chief demon of all, takes refuge in modern day Tokyo. But even the Dark Lord has to make a living, so he gets a job at a fast food restaurant. Slowly Satan and his minions start turning human. And Sadao has a new hobby – saving his friends.

3. Nathan Mahler from Blood+. Nathan is one of many chiropterans. I may get some pushback here, as some consider chiropterans to be vampires. I think there is a distinct difference. I believe Nathan to be the most powerful chiropteran, using everyone else as a pawn in his game just to be entertained.

2. Celty from Durarara!! and DurararaX2!! Celty is the headless dullahan with a bod that won’t quit. She’s really very nice and makes friends easily. Then again, obviously she is odd enough to fit right into Ikebukuro.

1. Ai from Hell Girl. Once human, Ai spends her time fulfilling requests to send others to hell. Nice to have a hobby, but there is a price.

Post yours.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Top 10 Demon Characters

From Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Kyubey is so cute, cuddly -- and evil.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Devilman Crybaby.

Who are the real demons?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Chrono, from Chrono Crusade, is a nice guy. Just don't piss him off.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And now an old favorite, Innuyasha. I don't even hold it against him that after 70 episodes the writers ran out of ideas and began to recirculate the plot. It wasn't his fault.

Half-human and half dog-demon. You sure have some kinky tastes in men, Kagome.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Are we talking pure demons only., fallen angels, evil gods, or halfbreed?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Full or partial demons, and not gods or angels. Basically, if he/she is a supernatural being and does not fit into any other category, he/she is a demon.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Blue Exorcist, as the son of Satan, Rin has some father issues to work out.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Demon Slayer, Nezuko is not only a demon, but she is a cute demon:

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Full or partial demons, and not gods or angels. Basically, if he/she is a supernatural being and does not fit into any other category, he/she is a demon.
    Actually the term in anime would be "Yokai".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%C5%8Dkai

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Satan has taken refuge in modern day Tokyo, living under the name of Sadao Maou. Note, this is not your Sunday school Satan. Like everyone else, this poor slob has to make a living. From The Devil is a Part-Timer:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The chiropterans from Blood+ fall into two groups. The first are mindless killing beasts. Then there are Diva's chevaliers, of which Nathan has to be the most. . . . Colorful? Dangerous? Outlandish? All three apply. Nathan is a demon who plays his own game, only even his friends and allies never figure him out.

Here Nathan is just a bystander, but he does have the last word. He will have the last word.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The shapely Celty, from Durarara!! and DurararaX2!!, may be the hottest of all demons. But don't mess with her.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And now it is time for my personal favorite demon -- Ai Enma from Hell Girl. Forced to pay for her own sins, Ai will send anyone you desire straight to hell, but only if you pay the price.

It's amazing how many people accept that deal. Then again, if they didn't, we would not have Hell Girl.

I have not yet seen the long awaited and delayed fourth season.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The shapely Celty, from Durarara!! and DurararaX2!!, may be the hottest of all demons. But don't mess with her.
    She's a fairy, not a demon.

King Yama and the other kings are the best demons in Hell and I'm not just saying that because they determine where we go when we die.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

She's a fairy, not a demon.

King Yama and the other kings are the best demons in Hell and I'm not just saying that because they determine where we go when we die.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-28-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Fairy, or fairie, or demon. There is a very small line between the two. Generally, the typical European fairie is quite a malevolent character.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information