AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Japan Sinks: 2020 (2020)

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2024 01:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool Japan Sinks: 2020 (2020)

The Japanese sure have this obsession about destroying their own country. Look how many times they sent Godzilla in to destroy Tokyo. Now how about a few earthquakes which result in Japan literally sinking? There you have it. The premise for Japan Sinks: 2020.

Based on a novel by the same name, the story is of a Japanese-Filipino family called the Mutohs, and their friends, who try to survive as their country is destroyed by the forces of the planet. As the tragic events reveal themselves to the viewer, we are brought along from one exciting event to another. And don’t think all will survive. Some of what happens is predictable, but still it makes for an exciting series.

Japan Sinks: 2020 is directed by Masaaki Yuasa, who also directed the series Devilman: Crybaby and the movie Lu Over the Wall. Quite the variety there. The art seems a bit on the simplistic side, similar to Yuasa’s earlier works. Though it is a unique style.

Pyeon-Gang Ho is listed as a co-director. I could find no biographical data on her. The name does sound a bit Vietnamese, and the name of a Vietnamese studio does appear in the credits. So do other Vietnamese sounding names, as well as some which sound Korean. Anime goes international.

There are only ten episodes in the series, though supposedly a season two is in the works. Considering the story seems to have an ending in episode ten, I have no idea what they can do in a second season. Sink Japan all over again?

Forget a possible season two for now. Season one stands on its own, and it is worth watching. I recommend Japan Sinks: 2020.

Feed your cat!

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Japan Sinks: 2020 (2020)

I really liked this anime. I'm a bit of a sap and basically couldn't stop crying for a lot of parts of this anime.
    My recommendations is to have tissues when watching it.

It's definitely an exploration of "what ifs" and how humanity could potentially react to chaos around them.
    There are moments where people look out for themselves and it really irks you and moments where people act without thought of themselves and you just break down in tears.

I agree though, I would watch it if you haven't yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information