AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miyakaki vs Hesoda

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Exclamation Miyakaki vs Hesoda

Who is the better animator/director? Is it Hayao Miyazaki or Mamour Hesoda? I think both are great artists and storytellers.

Miyazaki is the founder of Studio Ghibli, and every film coming out of that studio bears his mark whether he actually directed or not. His directorial efforts:

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
    Castle in the Sky
    My Neighbor Totoro
    Kiki’s Delivery Service
    Princess Mononoke
    Spirited Away
    Howl’s Moving Castle
    Ponyo
    The Wind Rises

Hesoda is the founder of Studio Chizu. His work:

Samurai Champloo (series)
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    Summer Wars
    Wolf Children
    The Boy and the Beast
    Mirai
    Belle

Though Hesoda never worked for Ghibli, many of the artists and technicians who work for him did. Thus you can see a strong Miyazaki influence in Hesoda’s films. However, Hesoda does show a bit of his own personal style in the virtual reality scenes of Summer Wars and Belle. Does Hesoda actually copy Miyazaki? If he does, he does it very well.

Though I like Hesoda’s take on fantasy worlds, Miyazaki does seem to make his films more personal. My Neighbor Totoro, and a few of his other films, include bits and pieces of his childhood memories. I don’t quite see where Hesoda does that.

Both create some great multi-dimensional characters, though I think Hesoda’s stories are a bit more complex.

I’ll have to think of this some more, but I like both filmmakers. What do you think?

For more:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0396074/
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0594503/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_lk1

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2024 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Miyakaki vs Hesoda

Note to moderators: I just noticed the typo in the thread title. How do I fix it? Or can you fix it? Thanks.

Jackie Coogan, Charlie Chaplin, and Charles Reisner as the Bully.

Reisner was a former pro boxer who turned actor, writer, and director. He previously worked for Chaplin behind the camera on The Gold Rush. Reisner would later become known as a comedy director working with The Marx Brothers, Jack Benny, and Abbot and Costello, among others.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information