Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun is a high school anime. Yup! Another one of those. Only this one seems to have an interesting twist at the beginning. Now just try to get to the end.

High school girl Chiyo has a crush on her upper classman Nozaki. When she confesses her love, Nozaki gives her his autograph. It’s an honest mistake. You see Nozaki has a secret identity. Under an assumed name, he writes and draws a popular shojo manga, and he just assumed Chiyo knew this and was a fan. But Nozaki has also notice Chiyo. He has seen her work in the Art Club and decides to recruit her as his assistant.

Great premise, right? Well, it all kind of goes downhill after episode one. There is no continuous storyline, as we meet Chiyo’s and Nozaki’s eccentric friends and schoolmates. And the stand alone stories in each episode are poorly told. So what of the budding romance between the two protagonists? Good question. The writers seem to have forgotten about that in episode two.

I only got about half way through when I quit. I asked myself, why waste time on a series which totally bores me? There is no season two of Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun. Thank goodness. This anime may find an audience somewhere, but it won’t include me.