AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Characters Who Should Really Get Together

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Anime Characters Who Should Really Get Together

What two of your favorite anime characters, from the same series or movie, who you think should really become a couple. What guy and girl, or for that matter guy/guy or girl/girl, do you think really should hook up, but never do?

Here are some of mine:

Ed and Winry from the original Fullmetal Alchemist. Yes, I know in the Brotherhood remake they do get together at the end and even start a family. But in the original, Ed remains clueless, and with the Conqueror of Shamballa movie ending the first series narrative, they never will see each other again, let alone being a couple. The original series fans were angry Ed and Winry never had their romance bloom, and Conqueror just made them furious. Fortunately FMA Brotherhood satisfied them.

Mikado and Anri from Durarara and DurararaX2. They would make such a cute couple, plus they obviously care for and are attracted to each other. But despite the dangers they both face, each one is just to chicken to make the first move. Will they ever work it out?

Red Blood Cell and White Blood Cell from Cells at Work. Red is an energetic, hard working cell, and kind of cute. Only she gets in trouble often enough thanks to viruses, germs, or wounds. White is a strong protector who often saves Red's life. There is a bond between them, but are they compatible? I say give it a shot. Maybe they can produce the world's first pink blood cell.

Retsuko and Haida from Aggretsuko. I finally found out what Retsuko is supposed to be -- a panda. Haida is a hyena, but he is secretly in love with co-worker Retsuko. Too bad Haida is too much of a coward to confess his love, so he sits by silently as Retsuko tries in vain to find the perfect man. I think they would be good for each other. I just don't know if pandas and hyenas can cross-breed.

Your turn.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Anime Characters Who Should Really Get Together

I think this scene is from the original Fullmetal Alchemist:

It shows why Ed and Winry are a perfect couple. So check out Brotherhood.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 10-06-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I can't find any good clips from Durarara or DurararaX2 showing Mikado and Anri together, at least one which shows their relationship. So. . . .

Izaya gets into Anri's head about her relationships:

Also from X2, Mikado does have Anri Sorohara on his mind:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Cells at Work, once again Red Blood Cell is in danger, but White Blood Cell saves the day!

Not just action, this anime is also educational!

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Sesshomaru and any modern day anime. It's only been 500 years. He should be alive somewhere.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    Sesshomaru and any modern day anime. It's only been 500 years. He should be alive somewhere.
    I was really thinking along the lines of characters within the same anime. I suppose Seehomaru could set himself up with a grown-up Ren, but the way he dresses I figure he'd go for Jaken first.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh this is a shipping thread.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Aggretsaku:

If only Haida could be that forceful in confessing his love for Retsuko. I understand season 3 is a game changer though. I will get to it eventually.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's one more couple who should be a couple. It's Kaiman and Nakaido from Dorohedoro. Granted I have only seen season one. Actually, season two is forthcoming. As of now they are just good, loyal friends. But I can see more than that in their future -- if they live that long.

Here's a flashback scene showing how the friendship started:

A match made in heaven? Maybe in season two.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    Here's one more couple who should be a couple. It's Kaiman and Nakaido from Dorohedoro. Granted I have only seen season one. Actually, season two is forthcoming. As of now they are just good, loyal friends. But I can see more than that in their future -- if they live that long.

Here's a flashback scene showing how the friendship started:

A match made in heaven? Maybe in season two.
    That have a similar pair on Outlaw Star

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't remember that pair in Outlaw Star. The only romantic attraction with any potential was between Gene and Malfina. Although there was that one episode where Aisha flashed Gene.

There's another potential match-up which came to mind, but I can't remember the name of the series. It dealt with two teenagers fighting demons every night at their school. Sound familiar?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Do Carmen and Ivy count?

I don't remember that pair in Outlaw Star. The only romantic attraction with any potential was between Gene and Malfina. Although there was that one episode where Aisha flashed Gene.

There's another potential match-up which came to mind, but I can't remember the name of the series. It dealt with two teenagers fighting demons every night at their school. Sound familiar?

Actually I figured Jim and Aisha were a better couple. She's immortal right?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 11-24-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, I would say immortal as a relative term. I always had the impression Aisha was referring to her people and her planet rather than just herself. I didn't take it literally.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, remember when Gene shot her with his caster? "You really are an immortal Ctarl-ctarl."

Tenchi and Ryoko should have gotten together. I mean just them, not the whole harem

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No, remember when Gene shot her with his caster? "You really are an immortal Ctarl-ctarl."
    Aisha can take a beating better than anyone, and she can recover quickly. But again, I did not take that literally. What would happen if the Outlaw Star exploded in space? She would not survive that.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

She might.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have an addition to my list. Makoto and Abby from Great Pretender! I wanted to add them for a couple of days, but I had to first finish season 2 to make sure they don't get together, because if they did I could not include them on this list.

Makoto and Abby are the exact opposites. Makoto is sensitive, well-mannered, and is not above putting other people first. Abby is crass, selfish, rough around the edges, and critical. Initially, Abby does not care much for Makoto, but as the series progresses, though her behavior does not change, she obviously is fond of Makoto and is concerned for him. And Makoto you know feels the same way about Abby. Of course, neither one admits this.

Makoto and Abby in a more (and rare) tender moment:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Recently in a different thread, where I discuss playing match-maker with characters from different anime series or movies, I mentioned Sora from No Game, No Life, and suggested matching him up with Yumeko from Kakegurui.

Then it occurred to me that Sora has a potential match within his own series, and that is Steph, the rightful heir to the throne Sora just won. They are somewhat uneasy allies, but she would take Sora's mind off his little sister, Shiro. But then we would have to find someone for Shiro. That is one f--- uped relationship.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

just write fan fics man. That's what I do. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/303229/Clayton-Overstreet

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

just write fan fics man. That's what I do.
    I used to do that. I posted a few here. I have some ideas, but not the time to write them out.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I used to do that. I posted a few here. I have some ideas, but not the time to write them out.
    It takes like a couple hours to write a ten pager... for me anyway.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It takes like a couple hours to write a ten pager... for me anyway.
    I keep saying I will find the time, but never do. I did post a few some time back.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So you're making us do your dirty work... for shame. You haven't even been posting any characters yourself.

I actually published a book "Cosplay of the Gods" where I sent the Greek gods to an anime convention looking for new followers and got Poseidon into Shipping (slight misunderstanding at first). Do some actual work man!

Last edited by Clayton_n; 01-14-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not list any myself? Look at the first posting. I'm looking for others in each anime I watch to post here, but the couples do get together at the end, so I can't list them here.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I meant since then.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information