AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me choose a cool monitor

Member Kay_Bur is on a distinguished road Kay_Bur's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2021 04:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Exclamation Help me choose a cool monitor

Guys, I urgently need a new monitor. Mine seems to be living out its age. You need a good monitor and at an adequate price. What can you say about these https://homemakerguide.com/best-gami...or-under-200/? They look quite decent. Which one should you choose?

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Help me choose a cool monitor

Personally I'd not buy any from that list, but for gaming, I'd recommend a 144Hz one from LG or ASUS with a stand that can be adjusted vertically.

But be aware, that as much as 144Hz seems like a better option for gamers, if it's truly a better option depends whether both your game and system support such refresh rates, otherwise you might experience lagging. Be prepared to turn down the refresh rate in Windows back to 60Hz, if that happens. It's still a good future proof option though.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Same as above. Also keep in mind that just because the screen is attempting to refresh 144 times a second, whether or not it can actually cleanly do that is a different problem. My laptop has a nice screen but every time you scroll, nothing is readable as it smears because each pixel cannot change fast enough. Don't buy a cheap high refresh rate monitor else you'll be in the same boat.

edit: I believe the technical term for this is "pixel response times"
    Last edited by Fuukanou; 10-05-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Senior Member .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:. has a reputation beyond repute .:neuko:.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2020 04:24 PM
    Threads

When it comes to buying monitors, my budget tends to be around the $500 mark rather than $200, so my advice might be somewhat limited here.

Don't get me wrong: you can get a decent monitor for $200, but imo, the quality of monitors significantly ramps around the $500 mark and you'll certainly benefit from their more reliable performance since they're typically manufactured to tighter tolerances. At $200 you run the risk of buying a monitor that's likely to come with design flaws or issues that might bug you in the long run. These can include, dead pixels, poor uniformity, backlight bleeding, juddery images due to poor clocking of the input video signal, lack of future-proofing options, aggressively overdriven pixels leading to ghosting artefacts, and poor factory picture settings. That said, given the link, if you're going to pay no more than $200, then I recommended you go for the BenQ 24 Inch 144Hz Gaming Monitor if gaming is your focus, otherwise I can't recommend any one of those monitors. Just be aware that you'll probably have to extensively tweak the picture settings to release that panel's potential. Imo BenQ is the best brand in terms of value for money, and you'll be hard-pressed to find another brand that can match BenQ's build quality standards at the price.

Edit: If you're willing to stretch your budget to $250 you might consider the BenQ EX2510. See video below for review:

Last edited by .:neuko:.; 10-14-2020 at 02:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information