AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite Buddy Anime

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Angry Favorite Buddy Anime

What is your favorite buddy anime? Buy buddy anime, I mean one were either the main story is about the friendship between two characters, or the friendship between two characters is a major element in the development of the storyline. For example, some of my favorites:

Tiger and Bunny. Kotetsu Kaburagi, aka the veteran superhero Flying Tiger, is forced to team up with rookie superhero Barnaby Brooks, Jr. At first, neither is happy about the arraignment, and they have a strong dislike for each other. The main story is how their relationship changes to trusted friendship.

Nana. Two young women, both named Nana, move to the big city of Tokyo. One is a street-wise budding rock star, and the other a somewhat naïve country girl who just broke off a relationship with an older married man. After a chance meeting on a train, the two become roommates and develop a friendship which carries them through good times and bad. Will the pressure of life’s little crises eventually drive them apart?

Soul Eater. There are several pairs of buddies in this series. Weapon Meisters chose their partners from students who can turn themselves into weapons. None of the relationships are part of the plot, but they all serve to drive the various story-lines. Each one is unique, if not comical. Tsubaki is Black Star’s loyal weapon, and she sees him as the little brother she has to protect. Liz and Patty are Death the Kid’s weapons, and their loyalty is in gratitude for Kid taking them off the streets – even if Liz is a bit on the skittish side, and Patty is a pea-brain. But the main couple is Maka and Soul. Many fans are disappointed their relationship is not romantic, since they live in the same apartment. Actually, their bond of friendship and loyalty is what drives the series.

Michiko and Hatchin. Veteran felon Michiko is on the run after escaping from prison. She somehow gets tied up with an orphan named Hana. They really don’t like each other at first, but eventually they do bond. No surprise there. Each one is willing to put themselves at risk for the other. Pure heartwarming adventure!

Carole and Tuesday. Carole a refugee on the streets struggles to make ends meet with a series of low paying jobs. All the time what she really loves is to make music. Rich girl Tuesday runs away from home hoping to make a career for herself in music. By chance the girls meet and immediately a bond forms. Unlike everyone else, Carole and Tuesday write original songs from their hearts, rather than computer generated crap others perform. With the help of friends, they are on the way up to stardom.

Your turn. Post your favorite buddy anime series or movie. And tell us something about them.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Favorite Buddy Anime

I don't know how that angry face got on this thread. Any idea on how I can change it?

Back to business, from Tiger and Bunny:

There aren't many to choose from. I have only seen the original series, and most clips I could find were from the follow-up movie or some specials. I wanted to use one from the series, so I will re-use this one which I have posted earlier. Still it does show you the beginnings of a beautiful friendship. Honestly! I am not lying here. They soon become the best of friends.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The trailer for Nana, a girl buddy anime. Chick anime is not just for the girls.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

So many... Panty and Stocking.

Wait... a lot of anime are buddy comedies. Black Butler. Fullmetal Alchemist. Fullmetal Panic. Bobobobo...
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-01-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Panty and Stocking is one anime I want to see, but haven't yet. I understand it's what I call Dumb, but Fun.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Soul Eater, Mika and Soul are not just good buddies, they also work well together. And Soul gets the reward.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Michiko and Hatchin:

Girls on the run together, have fun together!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Carole and Tuesday, a chance meeting leads to a beautiful friendship.

Post your own right here!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Let me add one more. Haikyuu is a sports anime, but it could also be a buddy anime. Hinata and Kagayama start off as enemies and rivals, but after they find themselves teammates on the same high school volleyball team, a bond begins to form between them. Here they combine their talents to score a big point in the most important game they ever played:

This clip was loaded by Crunchyroll, but you can also find the series on Netflix Streaming.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It occurred to me that Dorohedoro could be a buddy anime -- if you stretch the definition a bit. Characters in sci-fi, horror comedies can be buddies, right? I am thinking of Kaiman and Nikaido, although Shin and Noi can be seen as buddies as well.

But keep in mind this is only through season one. When a man and a woman become friendly, anything can happen. I guess I will have to see in season two if they remain just good friends.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tokyo Godfathers could be considered a buddy anime. A homeless drug, a homeless drag queen, and a homeless runaway teen find an abandoned baby leading to an off-beat adventure, and meeting some individuals weirder than they are.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

When I first saw the title, only a kind of buddy came to mind. Pets. Always loyal to you, always with you, both during sad and happy moments.

I am going to mention Chi's sweet home. It is, indeed, an anime created for kids. But it does show very well daily life of a cat with a family. And it is both sweet and cute. Every episode is quite short, yet still, it has so much sugar to make your heart melt down completely.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ This reminds me of this video:

They will be best buddies for life.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

That is exactly what Chi represents for more than 100 short episodes!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Time to revive another old thread!

I have a new entry for a buddy anime -- Vampire in the Garden.

In a world were humans and vampires are at war, a strange friendship develops. Momo is a young soldier, daughter of a top general, who is sick of all the death and killing. So is Fine, Queen of the Vampires, who abandons her role. Together Momo and Fine go looking for Eden, a place where humans and vampires co-exist. Of course, they become friends.

My write-up on the series is coming soon.

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

I see Space Dandy as a buddy anime. Three buddies just traveling through space, hunting some aliens.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    I see Space Dandy as a buddy anime. Three buddies just traveling through space, hunting some aliens.
    Three extremely stupid buddies!

One of my favorite dumb, but fun anime.

18. Likes Takatofan1986 liked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Does Deadpool: Samurai count?

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-15-2022 at 06:29 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I'm not familiar with Deadpool Samurai, so you tell me.

Is there an anime on this?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gods I hope so.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ The one guy looks like he's from My Hero Academia.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    ^ The one guy looks like he's from My Hero Academia.
    h eis. That is literally All might. This Deadpool manga was in Shonen Jump. It's canon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information