AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite Buddy Anime

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2020 09:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Angry Favorite Buddy Anime

What is your favorite buddy anime? Buy buddy anime, I mean one were either the main story is about the friendship between two characters, or the friendship between two characters is a major element in the development of the storyline. For example, some of my favorites:

Tiger and Bunny. Kotetsu Kaburagi, aka the veteran superhero Flying Tiger, is forced to team up with rookie superhero Barnaby Brooks, Jr. At first, neither is happy about the arraignment, and they have a strong dislike for each other. The main story is how their relationship changes to trusted friendship.

Nana. Two young women, both named Nana, move to the big city of Tokyo. One is a street-wise budding rock star, and the other a somewhat naÔve country girl who just broke off a relationship with an older married man. After a chance meeting on a train, the two become roommates and develop a friendship which carries them through good times and bad. Will the pressure of lifeís little crises eventually drive them apart?

Soul Eater. There are several pairs of buddies in this series. Weapon Meisters chose their partners from students who can turn themselves into weapons. None of the relationships are part of the plot, but they all serve to drive the various story-lines. Each one is unique, if not comical. Tsubaki is Black Starís loyal weapon, and she sees him as the little brother she has to protect. Liz and Patty are Death the Kidís weapons, and their loyalty is in gratitude for Kid taking them off the streets Ė even if Liz is a bit on the skittish side, and Patty is a pea-brain. But the main couple is Maka and Soul. Many fans are disappointed their relationship is not romantic, since they live in the same apartment. Actually, their bond of friendship and loyalty is what drives the series.

Michiko and Hatchin. Veteran felon Michiko is on the run after escaping from prison. She somehow gets tied up with an orphan named Hana. They really donít like each other at first, but eventually they do bond. No surprise there. Each one is willing to put themselves at risk for the other. Pure heartwarming adventure!

Carole and Tuesday. Carole a refugee on the streets struggles to make ends meet with a series of low paying jobs. All the time what she really loves is to make music. Rich girl Tuesday runs away from home hoping to make a career for herself in music. By chance the girls meet and immediately a bond forms. Unlike everyone else, Carole and Tuesday write original songs from their hearts, rather than computer generated crap others perform. With the help of friends, they are on the way up to stardom.

Your turn. Post your favorite buddy anime series or movie. And tell us something about them.

This coming Thursday, the final debate between Trump and Biden.
    What else is there to watch on TV?

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Re: Favorite Buddy Anime

I don't know how that angry face got on this thread. Any idea on how I can change it?

Back to business, from Tiger and Bunny:

There aren't many to choose from. I have only seen the original series, and most clips I could find were from the follow-up movie or some specials. I wanted to use one from the series, so I will re-use this one which I have posted earlier. Still it does show you the beginnings of a beautiful friendship. Honestly! I am not lying here. They soon become the best of friends.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The trailer for Nana, a girl buddy anime. Chick anime is not just for the girls.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2020 05:51 PM
    Threads

So man... Panty and Stocking.

Wait... a lot of anime are buddy comedies. Black Butler. Fullmetal Alchemist. Fullmetal Panic. Bobobobo...
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Panty and Stocking is one anime I want to see, but haven't yet. I understand it's what I call Dumb, but Fun.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Soul Eater, Mika and Soul are not just good buddies, they also work well together. And Soul gets the reward.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Michiko and Hatchin:

Girls on the run together, have fun together!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From Carole and Tuesday, a chance meeting leads to a beautiful friendship.

Post your own right here!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Let me add one more. Haikyuu is a sports anime, but it could also be a buddy anime. Hinata and Kagayama start off as enemies and rivals, but after they find themselves teammates on the same high school volleyball team, a bond begins to form between them. Here they combine their talents to score a big point in the most important game they ever played:

This clip was loaded by Crunchyroll, but you can also find the series on Netflix Streaming.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information