AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Animation in Japanese Music Videos

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Animation in Japanese Music Videos

I haven't seen that Sayuri video. That little girl can rock. It's certainly a lot better than J-pop. I would put her under the alternative label. I would really like to find her CD's. Sayuri is such a strong performer. I guess bare feet and a yellow guitar are her trademarks. No matter.

I don't like the performer in the second video that much, but who is he?

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou has a reputation beyond repute Fuukanou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2022 08:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

The second video is Hachioubachi (Queen Bee) performing Kaen.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

More from Eve:

Animation by Waboku: https://vocaloid.fandom.com/wiki/Waboku

I really like this one. Anyone else?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here is an interesting music video by The Pillows, directed by Japanese artist Maya Maxx. I like the childlike artwork.

Phallus fixation?

More on Maya Maxx:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just came across this one:

More animation from Waboku. I had to do some quick research to come up with information on the group. They are called ZUTOMAYO, and the members keep their identities secret. That seems to be not uncommon in Japan. The lead singer calls herself ACA-ne, and while members of the bank often change, she remains the contstant.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's another Sayuri video.

There is not too much animation here, but it does contain an interesting visual Dylan reference per D.A. Pennebaker's doc Don't Look Back.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Paula Abdule did one a long time ago

Also Jessica Rabbit

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Paula Abdul and Jessica Rabbit are Japanese?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just came across this one. This video consists of stop motion animation. The group is the now defunct Galileo Galilei.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    ^ Paula Abdul and Jessica Rabbit are Japanese?
    I'm as shocked as you are.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I just happened upon this band on YouTube. They are called the Wagakki Band, and they combine traditional Japanese music with hard rock. The flute makes them remind me of the classic rock band Jethro Tull.

This is the only animated video I could find with them. They made it with Amy Lee of the American group Evenescence.

No animation in this video, but I thought you might want to see what they look like in live action.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Do the Leet Street Boys Count?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Well, they are not a Japanese band, and the director is not Japanese. Certainly there is an anime influence in the animation. But why does the vocals sound like Weird Al Yankovich?

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No shoes and a yellow guitar, the world needs more Sayuri. And this time she's brought some friends, and her little animated doggie.

That little girl rocks hard!
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 12-22-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No new video today. I just thought I'd pass on the word that I found a place on-line to purchase Japanese CD's. It's cd.japan.co.jp. I ordered the most recent albums from Sayuri (an acoustic collection of her songs) and The WagakkiBand (a double CD, one with singing and one instrumental. I also got The Pillows 2018 CD Rebroadcast. All together the cost was just a bit over $100, which is reasonable considering they ship directly from Japan. Also, since they charge in yen, there is also a conversion fee charged by your credit card though it is only a few bucks.

Check them out. They have other items besides music CD's.
    Last edited by PictureGuy; 12-27-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's been a while since I posted under this thread. I found a video from the mysterious Yorushika which I had not seen before. Click on the CC to get the English translation.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Remember this thread? It's been a while. I just wanted to post a video I had just found from the Wagakki Band. I am pretty sure the dragon in this video was animated, as opposed to being real, so I think this technically qualifies.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've been thinking about reviving this thread, and I found the video to do it. The song is from the Wagakki Band's new CD, Vocalo Zanmai2.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information