AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Read or Die

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Read or Die

ManI love Read or Die. Mostly because my house... looks like their houses. Action, super powers, true love... man the show had everything.

Last edited by Clayton_n; 07-17-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Read or Die

I've never heard of it.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

I've only seen the movie, which I remember coming before the series. I understand the two have nothing in common.

It's been a while, so I don't remember all the details, but this seems to be the movie:

The girl with the glasses is a librarian and a special agent, as I recall. She loves to read, and can use paper as a weapon.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by PictureGuy View Post
    I've only seen the movie, which I remember coming before the series. I understand the two have nothing in common.

It's been a while, so I don't remember all the details, but this seems to be the movie:

The girl with the glasses is a librarian and a special agent, as I recall. She loves to read, and can use paper as a weapon.

Not exactly. The movie and the series do link up and it's very emotional, action packed, etc. And yes, some of the heroes have power to control paper, though each in different ways. Other characters have other super powers.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Junior Member tamtakobiashvili is on a distinguished road tamtakobiashvili's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2020 11:58 PM
    Threads

The first time me seeing this anime, you gave it such a wonderful description, I am going to bookmark it and watch it as soon as I will finish the current one.
    I love to spend time playing moto x3m, sniper game, Air duel what about you?

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There was a movie, then a series, also a manga series that predates both I think... never found that part.

Junior Member TotallyRad is on a distinguished road TotallyRad's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2021 07:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    ManI love Read or Die. Mostly because my house... looks like their houses. Action, super powers, true love... man the show had everything.

I've only recently heard of this series thanks to another particular anime discussion site. I saw the opening and some screencaps from it and I love the overall look of it. I might just check it out.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyRad View Post
    I've only recently heard of this series thanks to another particular anime discussion site. I saw the opening and some screencaps from it and I love the overall look of it. I might just check it out.
    I've only seen the movie. Check that out as well.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyRad View Post

I believe th anime takes place before the manga or even the movie.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I believe th anime takes place before the manga or even the movie.
    I thought the movie came before the series. So I checked it out in imdb.com. What I thought was the movie was a three part mini-series which came out in 2001. I guess they edited all three parts into one movie at some point, because I don't remember it as a mini-series. The TV series came out in 2003.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The manga was a prequil, the ROD TV series came after the movie/miniseries.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Now that I think about it, I think I saw the Read or Die movie/mini-series on Adult Swim. It may have been a three part OVA that they just edited together. It was really some time back.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Watch it again. not exactly hard to get.

Senior Member Tsundere Magus will become famous soon enough Tsundere Magus's Avatar
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2021 07:17 AM
    Threads

OVAs go first, then the anime season after them. Must say I happened to find the opening a few years ago and decided to give it a try. Found it quite enjoyable. It is very much a spies meet fantasy kind of story. But once again, the opening is very catchy! Honorable mention because of this.

Spoilers: Contains books. Lots of them!

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

it's a pretty cool super power. being able to control paper. They can fly, make animals, all sorts of things

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

it's a pretty cool super power. being able to control paper. They can fly, make animals, all sorts of things
    It must have proven useful during the toilet paper shortage last year.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well I could thin of a few uses for being able to turn toilet paper into razor blades.

But I think those toiler paper pooping bears from Those Who Hunt Elves would have been more useful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information