AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quarantine Anime

Senior Member Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986 has a reputation beyond repute Takatofan1986's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Mario Ice Flower Gabumon 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2024 10:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Takatofan1986

Default Quarantine Anime

I thought this might be a helpful topic. I am not sick nor quarantined, but, my governor has closed most things in the state so, pretty much might as well be? And I figure others might be in the same boat. So, I thought maybe I should make a topic we could suggest shows that the others should check out. Not like the most obvious favorites (There's a few obvious ones I always mentioned I'm not even saying this time) but just TRYING to be a tiny bit more obscure, or older.

To be fair though, I don't really interact with the anime community other than here, so, if I do suggest something that is super popular then I apologize.

Also, if you guys want to list more obvious/popular series you can, I just wanted to go for a little lesser known. . (And I have probibly mentioned all these before, but not all the time, I don't think.)

Moyashimon/Moyashimon Returns - a guy who can see microbes goes to an agracultural college, and seeing microbes makes it even more interesting.

Silver Spoon/Silver Spoon season 2 - Basically Moyashimon without the microbes, and more focus on the agriculture. But very fun none the less.

Hajime No Ippo - Less about not being known, and now just that it's older, it gets lost in the shuffle of the older ones. A guy who gets bullied alot gets taken in by a boxer and taken to his gym, where he learns to be a great boxer.

The Disastrous Life Of Saiki K - A fun series about a Psychic who just wants to be normal, and using his powers always leads to trouble.

Space Brothers - Two young brothers make a promise to each other they will be astronauts. Fast forward to them being 30ish, the younger one is, but the older one... never tried. But as he gets fired for punching his boss, he decides to take a shot. This is a slow burn and slow at times, but over all, I loved this show. It's very interesting, and you learn things about Nasa. (And the Japanese version)

Detective Academy Q - So imagine UA high school (My hero academia reference), but instead of super heroes, it's detectives. The best class is called class Q (I forget why) and this class goes out on real cases and they try and solve murders, and other things.

Assassination Classroom - even though this was recommended to me many times, I avoided it because it didn't sound like my thing. But, the violence is surprisingly mild, and its a hilarious show, that gets really serious sometimes, about a teacher who needs to be taken care of by the end of the year, or he will destroy earth.

How about you guys? I'll try and think of others to add.
    Last edited by Takatofan1986; 03-15-2020 at 08:24 PM.

Senior Member PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy has a reputation beyond repute PictureGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Screwdriver Chameleon Rageface
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 10:39 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Quarantine Anime

I liked season one of Silver Spoons. I haven't seen season two yet.

Your description of Moyashimon made me think of Cells at Work. Check my write-up.

My personal recommendation would be a long series, since you have plenty of time on your hands. I recommend Monster. In addition to being a good, old fashion, dark, psychological mind-f*ck, it's a long series which does not keep repeating itself. Each episode remains fresh. Especially with a villain like Johan.

Palace of the Fans, Cincinnati

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In the Pokemon TV series, badly poisoned Pokemon get sent to the Pokemon Center. Does it then qualify as a quarantine anime?
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Member Monox D. I-Fly is an unknown quantity at this point Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2021 10:41 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Takatofan1986 View Post
    Detective Academy Q - So imagine UA high school (My hero academia reference), but instead of super heroes, it's detectives. The best class is called class Q (I forget why) and this class goes out on real cases and they try and solve murders, and other things.
    I read the manga from the first volume to the last about 14 years ago. The letter Q stands for "Qualified".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information